Is it possible to clean the print heads on the HP Photosmart C309n? (5574 Views)
Honor Student
sharonthowell
Message 1 of 4 (5,574 Views)

Is it possible to clean the print heads on the HP Photosmart C309n?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 4 (5,573 Views)

Re: Is it possible to clean the print heads on the HP Photosmart C309n?

The head cleaning procedure is described in the user manual, page 108 says:

To clean the printhead from the control panel

1. Press Setup.
  2. Press the down arrow button to highlight Tools, and then press OK.
  3. Press the down arrow button to highlight Clean Printhead, and then press OK. The product cleans the printhead.
  4. Press any button to return to the Tools menu. After cleaning the printhead, print a print quality report. Evaluate the print quality report to see if the print quality problem still exists.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Student
chipmaster
Message 3 of 4 (4,845 Views)

HP Photosmart C7250 does not print. Must do Clean Printhead Funtion before printing.

Every time I use my printer I must go through the "clean printhead function" which must be accessed from the printer.

I have just replaced most of the inkjet cartridges and still I must do the "Clean printhead function" otherwise I get a total blank sheet of paper when xecuting the print command from my PC.  And now the printer is not printing cleanly.  The result is hard to read and not clear.

Is there a way to FLUSH OUT the printing system?

onz Student
Student
onz
Message 4 of 4 (207 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C7250 does not print. Must do Clean Printhead Funtion before printing.

chipmaster wrote:

Every time I use my printer I must go through the "clean printhead function" which must be accessed from the printer.

I have just replaced most of the inkjet cartridges and still I must do the "Clean printhead function" otherwise I get a total blank sheet of paper when xecuting the print command from my PC.  And now the printer is not printing cleanly.  The result is hard to read and not clear.

Is there a way to FLUSH OUT the printing system?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation