Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Is there any difference between the HP Photosmart 7510 printer and the 7520?

I have tried asking HP. They were not able to help. Presales advice for domestic customers appears to be virtually non existent in the UK.

All  I know is that Argos deal with Ingram Micro to get the 7520.

Is the 7520 just a marketing ploy - selling the same product for a different price? 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

I've got one 7510 and can't find 7520's specs. My local shops don't stock 7520's at this stage. HP has many products using similar numbers even different product lines. From printers, how many 8500A or 8600A you can find just on this list:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4356

Another example: for laptops, many users only know the series, not the models and they "think" all are the same.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Yes there is a difference. They are not the same; however, they are based on the same platform (engine).   The 7520 is the newer model which just replaced the 7510. 

The main differences is the 7520 includes a hardware fax  built-in whereas the 7510 used the efax utility in order to send faxes.  This essentially allows you to fax directly from one fax machine to another without using a server based method.

Other features on the 7520 include addition of a Scan to email feature as well as the addition of a USB 2.0 port on the front of the printer.

You can find the complete 7520 product specs on the hp website: 

http://shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Printers/HP-Photosmart/CZ045A?HP-Photosmart-7520...

Though I work for HP, My posts express MY opinion, and not those of HP.
HP Recommended

I am looking at the 7520 to replace an old 7550 which has served long and well. There is one of the items on the feature sheet that is tagged Paper Sense -NO. I don't understand what that means. Could someone help out.

Also, what is known about the reliability of the platform? Are there known problems to be handled? Propensity to have paper jams, have parts break in normal servince, that sort of thing.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Paper Sense used special HP paper marks to validate type size and weight of paper being used to correctly print items.  Newer tech allows the printers to do the same without special paper.

So basically Paper Sense is old tech, not found on newer printers.

Good article here -

http://www.hp.com/united-states/consumer/digital_photography/print_better_photos/tips/printing-made-...

HP Recommended

I've been using the 7510 for several years with no problems....no paper jams, etc.  I just purchased the 7520 because of the ability to plug in a phone line where the 7510 did not have this [what were they thinking!]  The 7510 has served me well and will continue in use in my office.

HP Recommended

Just for the record, 7520 supports Printables (formerly Print Apps) whereas the 7510 had those apps removed. Now on 7510 you have the apps on the multifunction screen but they don't work. Shame on you HP for not supporting anymore a printer with just 3 years!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.