01-04-2010 02:47 PM - edited 01-04-2010 09:27 PM
Can someone advise what the month year code imprinted on the lower right below the bar code on the foil package of HP ink cartridges?
I have two foil packages (not the outside cardboard box) of HP57 cartridges and was told that the
" APR08 " printed there is the production date NOT the expiration date.
Thanks for any assistance
01-05-2010 12:23 PM
I have EXACTLY the same problem: Apr08 on the soft package and the seller mysteriously did not want to send the box. Now he claims that "before 2009 HP used to write the production date on the inside packing which is different then (sic) the date on the box." Please, any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Alfonso.
02-20-2010 07:55 PM - edited 02-20-2010 07:57 PM
I'm not an expert, but I just opened two boxes and looked. The date code on the inner wrapper matches the "install by" date on the box.
Related notes found elsewhere on HP's website: MOST cartridges can still be used after the "install by" date. However, HP's warranty ends 6 months after the "install by" date.
HP is also starting to print a "warranty ends" date on the boxes instead of an "install by" date. One box I opened only had a "warranty ends" date on it and the date on the foil wrapper was 6 months ealier.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper