Question

Student
provlima
Message 1 of 3 (6,174 Views)

Is this code the Ink Production Date or the Expiration Date on HP 57 ink???

[ Edited ]

date code

Can someone advise what the month year code imprinted on the lower right below the bar code on the foil package of HP ink cartridges?

I have two foil packages (not the outside cardboard box)  of HP57 cartridges and was told that the

" APR08 " printed there is the production date NOT the expiration date.

Thanks for any assistance

Jim

Student
cycloxt
Message 2 of 3 (6,147 Views)

Re: Is this code the Ink Production Date or the Expiration Date on HP 57 ink???

I have EXACTLY the same problem: Apr08 on the soft package and the seller mysteriously did not want to send the box. Now he claims that  "before 2009 HP used to write the production date on the inside packing which is different then (sic) the date on the box." Please, any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Alfonso.

Honor Student
kcandbc
Message 3 of 3 (6,021 Views)

Re: Is this code the Ink Production Date or the Expiration Date on HP 57 ink???

[ Edited ]

I'm not an expert, but I just opened two boxes and looked.  The date code on the inner wrapper matches the "install by" date on the box.

Related notes found elsewhere on HP's website:  MOST cartridges can still be used after the "install by" date.  However, HP's warranty ends 6 months after the "install by" date.

HP is also starting to print a "warranty ends" date on the boxes instead of an "install by" date.  One box I opened only had a "warranty ends" date on it and the date on the foil wrapper was 6 months ealier.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation