HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
02-10-2009 12:39 PM
I work in the marketing department of a medium sized company. I ordered the K8600 to print out borderless 8.5x11 sell sheets, invitation cards, boarderless posters, envelopes.. etc etc...
So far, I find it not as fixable as the epson stylus pro I have at home (not a plug, just sayin')
Features that annoy me day-to-day (probably a workaround that I don't know about)
- When I do a print job and then I come back to the driver to print the same job again, I have to re-enter all the settings for the paper type, size, quality, etc again and again.... Always defaults to 8.5x11. Solution: give end user ability to setup their own predefined shortcut. At the very least, my old Canon would just save the settings from the last print i did.
- Borderless available only on certain sizes. I wanted to mock up our envelopes style standard on a 10x13 envelope to show management what it would look like -- couldn't do it.
- Manual said bottom printer margin is 3mm, but I can't get it less than 15mm
- Would like to use the autoduplexer to do borderless 8.5x11 so I can set it to print 50 brochures all at once without having to flip to print on the other side. (probably impossible with the duplexer)
Other than that, the K8600 is alright. The print quality is fair and the duplexer (reason why I bought it) and networking features are usefu. I want to return this printer back to staple and do more research to find one that is more flexible for the art department. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on another printer.
- Duplexer so I can print my borderless brochures double sided
- Print envelopes borderless of various sizes
- two print trays for different medias (optional)
- Print on media 10 inches wide
Does anyone know if a printer like this exists?
03-24-2010 08:44 AM
I can do 5 mm margin on bottom, but you have to change minimum margin in the advance tab,
Oh I can do shortcut for every change in paper size, quality and other, so if I want to change to A4 size, photo paper, best quality, minimum margin, I only click the list I made, wonder what do you mean?
Another model? Sorry I love this Printer, I can do 2000 a4 print a day, I have this printer for a year, only One little problem. After a year the waste ink place is full then the ink will ruin your printer motor, and you have to repair it without quarantee... But now it back to normal, and it become my print slave again. Borderless duplex, wow, it little slowly to me, never use it,