Question

Student
icarus126
Message 1 of 9 (7,130 Views)

K8600 problem!

My printer (k8600) started having trouble about three wees ago.  It would not print black.  Every other color was fine.  So I figured I'd go out and get another black cartridge.  no luck.  I tried to clean the print heads (several times) using the printer tool box, no luck.  I manually took the print head out and tried the cotton swab trick I read about, no luck.  

So then I figured it must be the print head.  I purchased a new one and installed it, same story.  Next I went out and bought all new ink and two new print heads today....... no luck!  I was fine with just letting it sit the night, but I wanted to see if I just didn't install the print heads correctly, so I reinstalled them and now it says I have almost no yellow ink left (the rest of the ink is down to about half)...I just put new cartridges in today!

Can anyone please help me out here, I've blown a lot of money on this expensive printer and I'm at my wit's end!
Student
Koocanusa
Message 2 of 9 (6,857 Views)

Re: K8600 problem!

Sorry icarus but I don't know the answer to your question.  I do have a problem with my K8600 and doing a search of the forums only got one result - yours. You are right they are expensive printers and should work better than this.

I have a problem with the K8600 tearing the top left hand corner of the paper when printing - not always but every 3rd or 4th page printed.  it is not consistent and I have tried different papers and loading more or less sheets but results are the same. I am to the point of sending it back in for warranty if I don't get an answer here.

Hopefully we can lure a K8600 expert in to answer both our questions! 

Student
wolfwolf
Message 3 of 9 (6,755 Views)

any support from HP?

My printer turned up the same as what has been described above few days ago.

I guess I do not have to buy new set of cartidges and print heads since it doesnt work.

Otherwise, I have to send the printer to HP for after sale service. Too bad the printer didnt last even 3 months!!!

Student
electron
Message 4 of 9 (5,530 Views)

I truly appreciate your frustration. I also have a HP K8600 and a C5580 and C3100. I had a Sony laptop running Windows XP hopeing to avoid Vista issues with drivers etc. The problems I've had are HP scanner and CD printer All-in-One. They don't stop. As soon as I fix one issue (not easy) I develop other problems. Most seem to be HP updates. I desired to Upgrade to a new Sony laptop running Windows 7. The All-in-One issues seem to be OK now but I also have your K8600 driver issues. Since I require a 11 X 17 printing format and can't wait till Jan 2010 for a solution from HP I'm afraid I'll have to buy a new printer. With the support received so far from HP you can bet your life it won't be an HP anything. Some day they may wonder where their customer base went.
Student
fabian28fl
Message 5 of 9 (5,168 Views)

I know you frustration with HP.  Last July after being on the phone for 2.5 hours with a technician, I finally convinced her that my black print head was defective.  HP sent me a new one, and now that one is not working properly.  The technician claims it is the ink cartridges that I am using.  I still believe that HP has a problem with the black print heads.

Top Student
whgeiger
Message 6 of 9 (4,056 Views)

Having similar problem.  In my case it is red (magenta) is not printing.  The K8600 is at best a 'clunky' printer and the HP ink is way too expensive.  Help here from HP is a joke as well.

Student
hpmaniac123
Message 7 of 9 (3,468 Views)

if you use reffiling inks you may cause big problems to your printer, this particular model is very sensitive to reffils. the most common problem is that the printer cannot recognise the authentic inks when you are trying to install it........

HP THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honor Student
bleachangel11
Message 8 of 9 (3,268 Views)

[ Edited ]

>>>

Student
scottstowing
Message 9 of 9 (1,845 Views)

Re: 8600 problem!

My office jet  8600 was already set to what appears to be Chinese when first powered up.Can someone walk me thru the process to change to english.I am not any good at reading Chinese so I cannot find settings on the display

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation