Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I need a little bit of help.  I am setting up my office at home; my I.T. consultant was so helpful and he installed the H.P. kit two days ago.  

I do need to use the postal service from time to time, so I write, print and post letters and other correspondence.  

I need to print labels for the addresses, but I cannot find any reference to printing the labels on the guide or on the machine.  

Any thoughts?  Any support out there?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi Goldenrocket,

You should be able to use the word processor on your computer such as Word.  Also, Avery  Click Here  (and maybe other label manufacturers) has downloadable templates for labels that you can look up with the label product number.  Let me know if that helps.

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
HP Recommended

Hi Rich,

I think Goldenrocket is coming from the same position as me; not what software should I use to print labels, but does the HP Officejet Pro 8600 handle label stationery?  My old LaserJet had a separate paper stock setting for labels, but the print driver /user interface for the 8600 does not mention label stock at all.  Having seen the results of running label stationery through printers that don't handle it, I'm always cautious about just slapping in some labels and hoping for the best!

HP Recommended

Yes, that's the issue entirely.  Some of us still use labels and the post, although not necessarily by choice.

HP Recommended

Hi All,

I understand that you are wondering if the Officejet Pro 8600 will print label paper. I will try my best to answer this for you.

In the HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Series Printer Series (N911) Product Specifications it states that it does support label paper.

Paper type Paper size
Letter-sized sheets 216 x 279 mm (8.5 x 11.0 inches)
A4-sized sheets 210 x 297 mm (8.3 x 11.7 inches)

In this document for Loading Paper, Envelopes, and Specialty Paper has steps for loading specialty paper including labels. I have been told the 'HP Everyday Photo Paper' is about the same thickness as label paper.

I hope this information helps. Let me know how it goes.

Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I just recieved my new HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 and am having difficulty printing address labels as well. I found this thread and changed the paper type to "HP Everyday Photo Paper" as reccommended. However, the labels keep jamming the print cartridge. Any suggestion?

HP Recommended

Designing the label is not the problem Mr Rich the Expert.  The problem is I have been looking for more then 30 minutes for the loading instructions for label sheets.  Not that I couldn't have figured it out already by wasting paper/labels/ink but I want to peruse a diagram for 30 seconds that shows the oriention of sheets:machine.  Up or down.   Do you designate the type of paper?  load alone or on top of stack?   Yes I have printed literally thousands of labels on a dozen different printers  but would really just like to be able to find a simple answer to a basic question.  How do you load label sheets into the Officejet 7610?  or How do you print labels?  Your operator/user manual leaves alot to be desired.  If you make sure that people are using the device correctly; you'll avoid some troubleshooting.   

HP Recommended

Your help on printing labels on my 8600 didn't help....I want to print Avery Labels 2163. These are in a strip (see online). I put them in the same as you would an envelope, but it doesn't print and says paper size doesn't match...each label is 2"x4" A lot of people still print Avery Labels - I use them for everything and I don't understand why HP would eliminate the label choice..........if you find any info that would help I would appreciate it...thanks

HP Recommended

I also cannot print labels. I use them for Christmas cards and letters. I think they are Avery, but I do not know the number. They are on a strip, the labels are 3 1/2 inches wide and a little less than 1 inch high, there are 12 to the strip. I have tried many different paper settings, but none seem to work. I always get an error message of improper paper setting. I used to print them on an older HP with no problem.

HP Recommended

I also could not find the info for loading the labels, then I found n the following HP support page, there is information on how to load the paper with pictures.  Go To

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02890475

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.