Question

Student
KatahdinCedar
Message 1 of 2 (911 Views)

LaserJet CP3525n

Could you please tell me how to set HP LaserJet 3525n for most economic printing quality. I am running out of cartriges in no time. 99.9% of time I need only lowest quality of prints. Unfortunatelly I do not quite understand setting options in control panel.

Thank you very much for nay tips.

Top Student
printingdots
Message 2 of 2 (817 Views)

Re: LaserJet CP3525n

There is two areas that you can adjust for color. One is within the printer driver for your printer.  In the user's guide, which is included on your software CD that shipped with the printer, chapter 9 explains use of color and how to mange your color use.  The second way is through the control panel.

You can restrict color use under the Control Panel, select menu, then scroll down to Configure Device, then scroll to System Set Up, scroll to Restrict Color Use and select your option you want to use. You could also change the Color?Black Mix which is located under the same menu under System Set up.  If you are printing mostly color pages, select Mostly Color Pages; if you are printing mostly black pages then select Mostly Black pages.  You can also get the most pages from your cartridges by changing your Replace Supplies option under the System Set Menu.  Changing this to Override 1 which will allow you to continue printing when color/black supply is past the end of it's estimated capacity.  Using this option could result in unacceptable print quality.  You may want to have a replacement cartridge available when print quality is unacceptable.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation