Question

Honor Student
terryp
Message 1 of 8 (29,715 Views)

LaserJet P2035 New Printer - Must Hit Enter Button to Print for Every Print Job

Whenever I try to print on my new LasetJet P2035, I also have to push the "Enter" or "Go" button on the printer.  (I usually get an onscreen message on my PC that says "Load Tray 1" and "Please load the requested paper in the tray or press the ENTER button at the device to use the available paper.")   I started getting this message when I ran labels for the first time and used Tray 1 to load the labels.  I tried in "printing preferences" changing the paper options source from AutoSelect to Tray 2 (where all my paper is loaded), but that doesn't solve the problem.  (I'm assuming Tray 1 is the manual feed tray that can be used for labels or envelopes and Tray 2 is the bottom drawer that holds the 50 or so sheets for 8-1/2 X 11 printing.)  Thanks for any help--

Student
DCastle
Message 2 of 8 (29,526 Views)

Re: LaserJet P2035 New Printer - Must Hit Enter Button to Print for Every Print Job

I had a same problem.  So I changed the printer driver to HP LaserJet 4.  Then, it worked.  I did not have to press Go button to print any longer.  I think HP p2035 printer driver has some problem.
Tutor
rock101
Message 3 of 8 (28,839 Views)

Re: LaserJet P2035 New Printer - Must Hit Enter Button to Print for Every Print Job

If you are using P2035 network bundle, you can go to the embedded web server (by connecting to printer IP address in the browser). Go to Settings tab -> Print Settings. Turn "Auto Continue" to On. This way you wouldn't need to press Go to proceed when you print.

===
I am an employee of HP but I only speak for myself and not for the company.
Honor Student
gahatter
Message 4 of 8 (28,059 Views)

I have a similar problem with the HP LaserJet P1606dn. I wish the message were consistent with the product documentation, calling the "Go Button" that, instead of the "Device ENTER Button"

Student
rilleran2
Message 5 of 8 (27,935 Views)

use PCL5 (V5.1) download universal printing 5.1

install and your fine

Student
Platoknows
Message 6 of 8 (26,485 Views)

My boss's P2035 printer had the same issue and I also installed the HP Lazerjet 4 driver and it solved the problem.

Thank so much for the head's up!!!

Student
bshobbs
Message 7 of 8 (26,218 Views)

The PCL5 driver worked for me.  The Laserjet 4, which we tried first, did not.  Thanks!

Student
jmtn
Message 8 of 8 (24,873 Views)

I must be a real dingbat.  I am having the same problem and I already have HP Laser Jet 4 and HP Laster Jet 5P drivers installed because I previously was using those printers.  Now I have P 2035, and I can't get it to print continuous feed envelopes no matter what settings I use.  I don't know how to install a driver for one printer and actually be using another.  Can somebody help me?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation