Question

Student
fastlink
Message 1 of 2 (4,734 Views)

Laserjet 4345 mfp won't scan to folder; web interface not showing all admin tabs

Hi,

I have a laserjet 4345 mfp which, until a few days ago, was able to scan documents to a network folder. When I try now it gives me the error "the path cannot be found". Here's what I've tried so far:

- Looked for a way to change the network folder settings or define a new folder. I couldn't find any so I printed the "how to scan to folder" page from the control panel. It tells me to define a new location by clicking the "Other" button on the control panel, but I can't find an Other button, on any screen.

- Accessed the web interface, which only shows up  with the "Home" and "Networking" tabs - no "Digital Sending", "Settings", or  "Information" tabs, which should be there according to the manual.

- Thinking it might be a permissions issue, I checked and found that the administrator password was not set. I set the admin password via the web interface, and now when I try to access it prompts for the password I defined, but still gives this incomplete interface. I am also able to access and change all the networking settings, so I don't think insufficient permissions are the issue.

- Called HP support, they said the problem is permissions and I should cold reset the machine, which I am quite reluctant to do since not only all settings, but the entire address book as well, would need to be re-entered. This aside from the fact that I really don't think permissions are the issue, as decribed above.

- Verified that I am able to send scans to different email addresses. SMTP gateway test goes through OK. LDAP does not, but this has not prevented scan to folder from working in the past.

I don't know how the scan-to folder was initially set up because I wasn't supporting this client at the time.

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance.

Tutor
tiffarific
Message 2 of 2 (2,338 Views)

Re: Laserjet 4345 mfp won't scan to folder; web interface not showing all admin tabs

I have a problem with my scan to folder as well and I have to access the folder from a computer before it will work.  I'm not sure why that works, actually.  You might want to give that a try to see if it fixes the problem.  If it does, I imagine it is some sort of security problem with the folder you are trying to scan to.

Thanks,
Tiffany

I am an HP employee!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation