Laserjet P1102w shuts itself off (3463 Views)
Honor Student
tomculb
Message 1 of 3 (3,463 Views)

Laserjet P1102w shuts itself off

After about 8 months of generally working quite well, now all of a sudden our Laserjet P1102w turns itself off after only a few minutes of being on, and printing can't resume without pushing the power button on.  Since we print from devices in several different rooms in our house, its a real nuisance to have to go turn the printer on, return to the device we're using, and then do a print job, then return to the printer to retrieve the printed document.

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 2 of 3 (3,455 Views)

Re: Laserjet P1102w shuts itself off

Hi there,

Based on the printing from multiple rooms I assume we are printing wirelessly. This article can help to maintain wireless connection to the printer so that it wakes and prints as it should.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Honor Student
tomculb
Message 3 of 3 (3,442 Views)

Re: Laserjet P1102w shuts itself off

Actually I swore at it several times and said unflattering things about its mother,  and now it's working fine.  I also turned it all the way off, unplugged it and plugged it back in.

Thanks 

-JohnB- wrote:

Hi there,

Based on the printing from multiple rooms I assume we are printing wirelessly. This article can help to maintain wireless connection to the printer so that it wakes and prints as it should.

Best of Luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation