Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
CF 147 A laserjet M251nw
Microsoft Windows Vista

My laserjet pro 200 color M251nw does not power up. Screen is black, pwr. button dark. It was working fine before yesterday. It is on a wireless setup. I really like this printer but it's just out of warranty now.

I checked all the common causes (unpluging it overnight, pwr. button push to restart, pwr. cord, wall outlet, etc.)

I verified power right to the AC inlet of the printer.

Is there an internal fuse? Is the power supply blown? The service manual lists 2 power supplies, low (110 AC) and high.

Thank you all for your time !!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Helmut1 ,

I read your post and see that the printer has no power. I would be happy to help you.

Please try the steps in this document to see if it will resolve this issue. Most of the steps you have already tried.

Try another power cord, you can use a monitor's power cord, just to see if you have the same results.

The Printer Will Not Turn On or Respond When the Power Button or Power Switch is Pressed.

Try another outlet in another room on a different breaker, just to rule that out.

I have provided you with a link to the Parts Surfer website and HP Parts Store.  They may or may not have replaceable parts for this model.

Welcome to HP PartSurfer !

HP Parts Store.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hello Gemini02!

Thanks for the reply.  I used to work as electronic tech, repairing Television sets, troubleshooting PC boards to component level without a schematic (in these days we believed in repairing things instead of "replacing" them)

When I measure 'continuity' at the AC input socket, there is nothing. (zero ohms) I got hold of the printer's Service Manual (I must admit this is quite a complex design) and reached all the way to the low-voltage(110 AC) power supply board, part # RM1-9012-000, which IMO ist a starting point because of a complete pwr input open circuit.

I will post back how my repair atempt goes...for all the "tinkerers" out there who are beyond replacing power cords.

IMO it's too bad that such a sophisticated product has now joined the class of "throw-away" ... that's what HP suggested to me.

HP Recommended

My CF147A "Laserjet pro 200 M251nw" made a loud POP, then went dead and will not power up anymore. I tried everything listed in thie forum. Nothing worked. It's really dead. It's out of warranty of course, by a month or so.

Helmut1, you mentioned that you have a service manual. Where did you get that at? I can't find it online. Did you manage to get you printer power supplys tested? What did you find. I'm in the process of tearing mine down to get to the power supplies. Taking photos as I go.

Considering the loude POP I heard when it went dead I'm assuming I should be able to locate a burnt part somewhere in the main board or on one of the power supplies.

Helmut1, pleas let me know where you got your service manual.

Thanks,

Terry

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.