Question

Student
larryfrincke
Message 1 of 2 (508 Views)

Leaking Ink cartridges

My 6310xi printer black cartridge is leaking ink.  There is a one inch diameter blob of ink, about a quarter of an inch thick below the cartridge in its carriage rack.  This is running into money, as well as other parts of the printer. I use only HP 98 ink cartridges.   What can I do to prevent loosing more ink?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 2 (477 Views)

Re: Leaking Ink cartridges

This is normal, the area you are seeing is the "service station" where the nozzles are spit to keep them clear.  To minimize the amount of ink used in servicing follow these guidelines:

• Keep the printer plugged into a live outlet - do not use an external switch to turn off power to the printer.
  • Do not run unnecessary cleaning cycles.  A typical cartridge will not need any user initiated cleaning cycles in the life of the cartridge.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation