Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a 6500 709n that when turned on all lights blink continuously and will not turn off as suggested to be restarted.  Have to unplug to stop flashing.  It continues doing the same thing after plugging it back in

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi puckmgr,

Does the screen of the printer indicate an error?

Try removing the cartridges and Printhead, and then power cycle the printer without them being in. Make sure there is no paper stuck inside the printer or in the Duplexer unit.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi puckmgr,

Does the screen of the printer indicate an error?

Try removing the cartridges and Printhead, and then power cycle the printer without them being in. Make sure there is no paper stuck inside the printer or in the Duplexer unit.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

The suggested solution worked just fine.  However, when I activated the printer today it went back to the same problem with all of the lights flashing on the console; message to turn off and restart.  Again, power switch will not turn off.  I have disconnected the power to the printer and after approximately 5 minutes reconnected power with same result.  With the lid open today it will not bring the ink cartridges out of the park position to enable the removal of the cartridges and the print head.

HP Recommended

Hi puckmgr,

Sorry to hear that the issue resurfaced. While the printer is powered on remove the power cable, and then try manually moving the cartridges to the center to be removed.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

With power cord pulled and cover open.........cartridges and print head appears to be in a fixed position to the right side.  Do not want to force movement.     ? suggestion?

HP Recommended

Hi Puckmgr,

No, Don't force them from the current position. Do the following to reset the printer.

Press # and 6 while applying power

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Flashing console comes back up the same way and has the same message.

HP Recommended

Hi puckmgr,

Ok, you are having a hardware failure. Wish i had some better news for you. You can contact our technical support, and ask them about our trade in trade up program to get into a current model printer. You can call us at 800-474-6836 or click the link below if you are in a region outside of the United States.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Purchased new HP6500 Printrer

HP Recommended

Hi puckmgr,

Great, Enjoy the new feature with this version of the 6500. Have a wonderful weekend.

I am an HP employee.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.