Question

Tutor
wildcatherder
Message 1 of 6 (18,605 Views)
Accepted Solution

List of printers using HP01 cartridges?

I'm looking to replace my Photosmart printer which has been having feed problems.  I still have a number of expensive HP01 cartridges.

Is there a list available that shows which printers use the HP01?  Or some way to know definitively that no currently sold printer uses the HP01?

I would hate to have to look up the manuals for every printer I consider to find this information. 

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 6 (18,603 Views)

Re: List of printers using HP01 cartridges?

wildcatherder wrote:

I'm looking to replace my Photosmart printer which has been having feed problems.  I still have a number of expensive HP01 cartridges.

Is there a list available that shows which printers use the HP01?  Or some way to know definitively that no currently sold printer uses the HP01?

I would hate to have to look up the manuals for every printer I consider to find this information. 

Could you confirm the printer model?  I do not recognize the HP 01 as a Photosmart cartrdige (may be a regional issue, different cartridge numbers in different regions).  The best way I have found for matching cartridge numbers to printers is to search on HP's pageyield site for the cartridge number andthen look at the recent (introduced since 2005) printers.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Tutor
wildcatherder
Message 3 of 6 (18,599 Views)

Re: List of printers using HP01 cartridges?

My mistake.  HP 02 cartridges are used in the Photosmart 8250.  I wlll check the reference you provided.  Oddly enough the specifications in the manual do not show the series number for the ink, just a color description.
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 6 (18,602 Views)

Re: List of printers using HP02 cartridges?

wildcatherder wrote:
My mistake.  HP 02 cartridges are used in the Photosmart 8250.  I wlll check the reference you provided.  Oddly enough the specifications in the manual do not show the series number for the ink, just a color description.

OK, the 02 is more common :-).  You can find the list of printers here. The manual may not show the ink numbers because there are four regions and each region uses different numbers....

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Tutor
wildcatherder
Message 5 of 6 (18,585 Views)

Thanks.  I don't find any of those printers at my local office supply online sites.  The Photosmart 8250 is a great printer, although prone to feed problems.  Looks like I'll be better off sending it in for repair.
Tutor
wildcatherder
Message 6 of 6 (18,584 Views)

Actually, they had the all-in-one printers but I prefer my moving parts breakdowns limited to one function.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation