Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

erofwenoij
Congratulations... 😞 There is NO solution...

HP Recommended

Hi Admin,

How do I unsubscribe to posts on this forum (my case is solved by a new printer from HP).

Best regards,

Alfred

HP Recommended

I have contacted HP in Italy and they told me that I'm out of warranty and can not have the printer replaced.

Please, HELP ME!!!!

HP Recommended

Moreover, PCwizard is not anwering to my private messages 😞 😞

HP Recommended

I reviewed this thread and have the same issue.  stuck in initialization following a driver update that also tried to update firmware.   please help me directly with this.   computer is going to the landfill and i'm very dissappointed in what i am seeing here for global support so far.  

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello

I understand the printer is stuck in initialization after doing a update.

Disconnect any cables from the printer except the power cable. (fax, usb, ethernet)

I would do a power reset to see if that will resolve the issue. With the printer still
turned on, disconnect the power cable from the back of the printer, then disconnect the power
cable from the wall outlet. Wait 60 seconds and reconnect the power cable back to the wall
outlet first, then the back of the printer and power it on again.

I will send you a private message with some information to take a look at.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

HP Greece doesn't even acknowledge the problem, so printer replacement is out of the question. And despite the various private messages  between pcwizard and myself (he attempted to "escalate" my case to my support region quite a few times, but without success), I guess I'm stuck forever with this killed printer that HP effectively destroyed...

HP Recommended

Is it safe to update the firmware as of today December 20th 2013 with the one provided by HP as "LJM1130_M1210_M1217_FW_Update_Security" (version 20130912) located here or it will brick the printers?

The printer was never upgraded since we bought it two years ago and it's working flawlessly by USB AND Ethernet since then, but we can't use ePrint (since HP moved to HPConnected).

HP Recommended

HI l30nc1t0

I understand you want to know if it is safe to update which was provided by HP as "LJM1130_M1210_M1217_FW_Update_Security". (version 20130912)

The M1212 firmware update doesn't have a warning for the firmware update listed on the website for this model. It is optional if you would like to update the firmware.

The M1217 model has a warning  NOT to update using this FW update utility, unless you are using ePrint. This model also has wireless connectivity.

Hope that helps.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

We just received this printer new in the box today, installed on one computer and it worked. When installed on the second computer the printer would no longer intialize. Please let me know how to fix this issue.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.