Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Full printer name is LaserJet M1212nf MFP.

I was installing the full driver software package, not the minimal driver file, on a new Windows8 system that is on wireless only. The printer itself has a wired connection to the switch.  It was previously working from a Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Linux systems.

During the install it attempted to load firmware -- I'm not sure if it completed or not.  Now the printer really doesn't work.

Since then, even after several power cycles > 30 seconds, the printer keeps repeating the "Initializing ..." message without ever getting to a ready state.

I tried reloading firmware, this time from the Windows 7 laptop over a usb cable, but it doesn't seem to be able to connect.

Is this printer permanently hosed, or is there some way to reload firmware in again since I assume that the currently loaded or partially loaded firmware is the problem.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Everyone,

If you have posted on the forums about this issue you will find  I have recently sent a private message to each one of you, and this has nothing to do with more troubleshooting. If you have not already posted to the forum about this issue please reply to this thread to let me know you are having problems.

Please review the updated private message send to you in the last couple weeks. I would like to hear back from each and every one of you that has received a private message from me in order for me to resolve this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions.

In the private messages sent out I am asking to make contact with you either by phone or email. This information is private and should not be given out over the open forum pages. Please review the private message I have sent you in order for me to help resolve the issue at hand. This has nothing to do with in warranty or out of warranty as everyone on this thread got the same private message that you have gotten from me. Please get back to me as soon as possible.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

252 REPLIES 252
HP Recommended

I tried the update as well and it wrote something about lost connection about 75% into the progress.

I have tried the same bottums as menioned above.. without luck.

I I get to select english and USA and a OK then its "initializing" again and again...

Any suggestions. Warranty out!

HP Recommended

Hi All,

I have exactly the same experience as "Jeocon"..... printer is initializing all the time, but I haven´t done anything with the firmware.

New toner casett installes.

Please help us 🙂

Greatings from Sweden

HP Recommended

Dear All ....

Some update..

Called HP Support today (to a cost of 27Euro/36$), but they were not able to help me.......! What they could do was giving me a good price on a new printer... My "old" M1212nf MFP is approx 2 years old, and has maximum 9000 print outs. So according to my opinion it is not worn out.

Come on HP, you must be able to do better !!

Will my next printer be a HP... I doubt...

I have a "conspiracy theory": when you have done to many print outs using non original HP tonercasetts, the software in the machine does harikiri and thats the end of it...

HP Recommended

I have the same problem... Printer stays in initializing mode at start up.  I already tried reboot process several times with no success. Did you install HP's update prior to the probem? I think my problem began after installing HP's software and/or firmware update. It seems that everyone that install hp defective update still has the problem. Many customers are having the same problem and HP does not appear to care.  This is not good in my book.  If this is not resolved by HP, they will not be any other HP products for me in the future.

HP Recommended

I had the same eperience and spend couple hours with HP live on-line help who denied that this ever possible and If I want technical advice I have to pay for that, but it appears that they have no solution. I asked to talk to the manager who refused to talk to me saying that he is busy and kept me on hold for more than two hours (until I hung-up).

I think HP goofed in releasing this driver installed and now are afraid to admit and/or bear consequences, so they brush people off.

My printer was 2 years old and barely used. It was perfectly fine until I installed Windows 7. In fact the printer was servicing 3 computers and now I am without printer because of HP's stupid goof

HP Recommended

FYI....

I  gave up, and bought a new 4-1 printer..... and it was not a HP...

HP Recommended
Yeah I purchased another brand printer also but HP is going to have to compensate for this mess. I had a perfectly functioning printer until I installed their software. Awful Customer Service!!!
HP Recommended

Hi Everyone, 

I am working with the Firmware team to determine what is going on. It may take a week or so. Please be patient while I investigate this issue. 

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

It is good to know that HP finally noticed the issue. Just note that the first message in this topic was posted in January, and I don't think that this was first time it happened or was reported to HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.