Question

Student
business_class
Message 1 of 8 (8,355 Views)

Made in China?

I've been buying business class printers from HP for the past 10 years. All have been made in the United States until recently when I purchased two LJ P4015 printers that are made in China. All the printers we've had in the past have been amazing workhorses and we always recommend and push HP printers because of it. Things have changed with the new printers made in china. One stopped working after a few days and the other seems to make a lot of strange noises as if its struggling??? After close inspection of the broken printer I noticed it was made in China. Now I don't have the same confidence in the Chinese printers as I have in the old ones made in the US.

I guess my question is, how can I find out which printers are made in the US ( or mabye Japan?) and which printers are made in China before I purchase new printers again? 

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 8 (8,349 Views)

Re: Made in China?

I believe most printers, if not all, are manufactured in South-East Asia, primarily in China, Malaysia and Thailand. Not sure if any of them are being manufactured in the US anymore. Sorry.
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Student
icfngh
Message 3 of 8 (7,785 Views)

My printers were made in China. They worked very well.

Honor Student
fedupwithchina
Message 4 of 8 (4,768 Views)

I always bought HP printers and would in fact not buy any others until the last two years when I purchased two, both crap. I paid over $200 each  for both and both are made in China and they really produce a piece of junk. The paper jams constantly when it does go through. The quality of the print is atrocious. Congratulations HP, you gave China your work and lost a customer.

Honor Student
rezolt
Message 5 of 8 (4,372 Views)

network sim unlock.

i have an hp ipaq glisten that is demamding network sim unlock. i dont know what to do can you help me?

Honor Student
23ride48
Message 6 of 8 (4,331 Views)

I want to say that the printer, the HP4500, still shiny new, is a piece of doo doo. Made in China.  I live rurally, and have to drive 25 miles to reach a Staples store (where I bought it.  They fiddle with it and blow the dust out and it works for maybe 8 pages when it once again jams.  I turn it off.  I un  jam it.  It then says it's printing when it's not, or tells me there is no paper.  When I bought it, I kept taking them back because they were all doo doo.  This one prints more pages than the previous ones.  

You should drag that piece of junk off the market.  

I'll never buy anothr HP, which I've had for decades and they were workhorses until "outsourcing".  I'd rather pay more for something made well than live with this junk.  I can't work.  I can't produce the tiniest piece of correspondence without angst, stress and a temper tantrum.  I'm just going to throw it out.  

Staples tells me I  should contact you and you'll give me another one.  No thanks.  Why would I multiply this experience.   I'll search for something else.

Honor Student
hpvital
Message 7 of 8 (4,068 Views)

You are absolutely correct. Not only are the made in China printers substandard but so are the computers. I have held on to my old hp computer and printer and use the computer for my exercise room media and the printer still works with my newer desktop. It is a shame. My hp printers are great workhorses. I have used the same 2 hp printers because they still work with my newer computer, the 13 year old photosmart does duplex and multiple page per page printing that made great pocket size booklets I used in my college studies. I printed out several of my online class text books also, never a problem. The other 10 year old office jet has the legal size scanner that works great for online banking.

This made in China problem is out of control. Also companies are making items less durable to cut thier costs.

When will companies/corporations realize that quality is what makes the grade. Stop making 20 versions of the same thing and make a few that are durable. Items are mass produced, then new models made and they have to scrap the old, unsold items, so that is money lost on top of poorer quality.

Student
madeinchinachit
Message 8 of 8 (73 Views)

Customer service wait over 1 hour for India service center to confirm that the made in China printer was chit!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation