Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Good day,

I have been getting an annoying "Memory Card error" error on my HP Photosmart D110a printer.

I have a Sony Vaio VPCEE21FX laptop 64-bit Windows 7 OS.

I tried to print a couple photos from a memory card a few months ago and it would not print from the memory card.

I removed the memory card and printed from the laptop instead.  I believe from that time i have been seeing the error.

When I turn the printer on its fine for 10 mins and I can print like normal but once the error comes up, the printer will not print i have to power and wait a few seconds and turn it back on.

I connected the printer to the wireless internet and updated the printers software version as well as the program on the laptop and that did not solve the problem.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Hey jmason7,

Have you tried putting a different memory card in the printer, then pressing the power button to shut down.  This can try to clear the error state that the printer is continuously restarting to.  Once the printer has turned completely off, then wait 30-60 seconds before powering the printer back up.  Once the unit is back up, then remove the memory card from the printer.

Does this get rid of the error state on the D110a?

If not, then I also have some information to perform a factory reset to the D110a.  I will send this information to you via a private message through the forums.  Please read Bob_Headrick's thread on printer resets, found here, prior to performing these steps.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I am experiencing a similar problem with my photosmart d110a.  What even worse is that the HP solution centre keeps interrupting my screen to warn me about a "error found on card".  I have no card in the card reader and I have never used the card reader before.  Where is this memory card?

HP Recommended

Hey akimsi,

Most likely the printer has developed some error within a sensor or electrical issue with the memory card reader on the front of the D110a.  If you have a memory card, such as from a camera, then you may can try putting it in the printer as a test for responsiveness.  However, a reset to the printer may be able to clear your error.  

I will send these reset steps to you in a private message.  Please check your inbox messages.  Before performing the reset steps please read Bob_Headrick's thread on printer resets, found here.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I am experiencing a similar problem with my photosmart d110a.  What even worse is that the HP solution centre keeps interrupting my screen to warn me about a "error found on card".  I have no card in the card reader and I have never used the card reader before.  What should I do?

HP Recommended

Hello Zietlow,

I would begin with this.

1. Turn off printer

2. Unplug power cord from printer for 30 seconds

3. Plug in power cord

4. Turn on printer

Please let me know if this helps.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

Good afternoon,

For the past three (3) months, memory card error has been appearing on my D110a printer. I have never used a memory card or any other device in the slot allotted for memory card. Therefore, I do not know why the error keeps occuring or how to correct the said error.

Any assistance givenin this regard will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hello,I have been experiencing the same issues.I already tried using a different memory card and plugging the power core out for 30 seconds.I also get an issue of do not use more than one memory card at the same time when i plug in a memory card.When i do not have one in it says memory card error.My printer model is d1110a

HP Recommended

Hello

I would recommend backing up your pictures and try formatting the card.
Try it again to see if the printer will read the card now.

Try leaving the card in the printer, turn the printer off by using the power button.
Wait for 30 seconds then turn power on again.

Make sure the printers firmware is up to date.

Please provide the following information so I can assist you better.
What size and kind of memory card do you have?
How many pictures are on the card?

What size was the other memory card tried?

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hellp<I doubt it is the memory card itself.It is more likely the printer memory card sensor.On that note the memoery is a sandisk 2gb sdhc.I already formatted it and did what you said to no avail.Please reply as soons as possible because I have to print something for a project on wednesday.Thank you.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.