Question

Honor Student
ddelsea
Message 1 of 15 (9,093 Views)

Message "Genuine HP print cartridge installed"

I get a message "genuine HP print cartridge installed" everytime a new cartridge is installed in my 7310 printer.  Since I have installed replacement cartridges over time, I have three of the messages on my monitor.  I have click "OK" to clear the message.  They pop up every tiem I print anything, it's getting quite annoying.  How can I stop these messages from poping up everytime I print........David

Teacher
InkDude
Message 2 of 15 (9,087 Views)

Re: Message "Genuine HP print cartridge installed"

This should only pop up the first time you insert a new cartirdge not everytime yoiu print. My best bet would be a driver issue, it may be worth uninstalling and reinstalling.

Anyone else?? 

Regards,

Although I am an HP Employee I am not expert on all products.
The views I express here are my own and in no way represent the views, opinions or strategies of HP.
I'm just trying to help out if I can.
Student
ironappl
Message 3 of 15 (8,809 Views)

am having the exact same problem and it began when I updated my driver recently.

Have you solved this problem?

Honor Student
seanmhs
Message 4 of 15 (8,783 Views)

[ Edited ]

Just started to work with this problem, and after uninstalling and reinstalling drivers for a few hours, then reimaging the machine it still came right back.  I did just find a post else where that claims to have fixed by doing  a regedit.  Here is the link.

Annoying pop-up about Genuine HP Vivera cartridges installed.

I haven't been able to try this yet as the printer is at a different location, but I will try it out tomorrow and post a update.

UPDATE: This does work, just did it and no popups ever showed up.

Honor Student
jaredchristense
Message 5 of 15 (7,614 Views)

I have the same problem with HP Officejet Pro 8600 - and on a Mac.  Using the setup cartridges for now, but will switch over to new ones soon, and am hoping it goes away.

Jared

iMac OS 10.7.2

Genuine HP Cartridge.jpg

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 6 of 15 (7,527 Views)

Hi Jared, wow - so many messages, it must be really annoying! :smileyhappy:

I noticed that the firmware was updated on 15thFeb, are you using the latest version?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=219&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=52187...

Please let me know if this solves the issue

Thanks, Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
Ellis88
Message 7 of 15 (7,526 Views)

file://localhost/Users/John/Desktop/Screen%20Shot%202012-02-17%20at%208.50.09%20AM.pngmay I send a screen shot?

Associate Professor
stix4
Message 8 of 15 (7,349 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for the post.  I've included some information below that should assist with this one.  Good Luck!

With this one, check this:  

Regarding Ink alerts and other messages that reoccur after hitting OK on the pop up.  I have learned that in some products you need to actually go into the Message Center and acknowledge the messages there in order for the pop ups to stop.  Simply hitting OK on the pop up does not terminate the alert.  You can Ctrl-Click and highlight all of the messages and acknowledge en masse in the Message Center.    Please make sure that we are acknowledging the ink alerts and such IN the message center. 

There is also the option of turning the messages off altogether. Go to HP utility, should be in the dock or in the Hewlett Packard folder in applications. In there you have an option for message center, in there you can go to settings in the top right, and then uncheck the boxes for displaying alerts.  Good Luck!

I worked for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

Honor Student
EXBworksmart
Message 9 of 15 (5,239 Views)

How To cancel out or remove the message “Using Genuine HP Cartridges has its Rewards” or “Thank you for using Genuine HP Cartridges” or “Genuine HP print cartridge installed” every single time you print no matter what options you click.  In Windows 7 (Home Premium SP1):  Go to Start>Devices and Printers>Right mouse click on the printer that is causing the pop-up then select “Printer Properties” (don’t select the “Fax” select the printer)>Go to the tab entitled “Ports”>uncheck “enable bidirectional support”.  FYI, bidirectional support allows the printer to communicate on some ephemeral level with the computer (HP judasware) so I would rather just cancel the message but can’t seem to find the solution in the registry or other means. The pop up is either a screw up by HP software engineers or a means of Judasware (aka ‘stab you in the back’ ware). 

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 10 of 15 (4,554 Views)

For details on HP Rewards check out the link below

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Ink-Toner-Cartridge-Printhead-Issues/HP-Rewards/m-p/2665753/highlight/t...

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation