Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

@katandandy wrote:

This work around works great when you are flipping an image, but text AND image is another thing! I can get the shape to flip, but not the actual writing. You're right, this is all very frustrating when I just want my printer to do it!

Please read this post then provide some details.  What printer model? What operating system? Did you try my suggestion to install the Photosmart 309 printer as described here?

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended
That flipping horizontal worked good with the picture but not with the text. How do I flip the text?
HP Recommended

@ron51 wrote:
That flipping horizontal worked good with the picture but not with the text. How do I flip the text?

See my post here, just above yours.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended
I'm using a HP Deskjet 2512 printer with Windows Vista operating system.I haven't tried the Photosmart 309 yet.
HP Recommended

I have an HP 5520. I go to File-Print. When th printer box appears, on the right, below orientation is a pull down box.

click on the arrows, and go to layout. At the bottom is a box that says flip horizonitally. Check it and your good to go. Your HP may be a little different, but possibly you may have the same, or similar Layout.   Good Luck.

P.S. I use an I-Mac, but it shouldn't make a difference, I dont think.

HP Recommended

For those who use HP Photo Creations, we added two mirror printing features in September 2016:

1. You can now mirror any photo or graphic on your layout.
  2. Before printing, you can mirror the entire page. 

This short video shows how to mirror graphics on your layout:

This screenshot shows how to mirror the entire page by selecting "Mirror Page" in the Advanced Settings:

Mirror Page.jpg

HP Photo Creations is a free download at www.hp.com/go/hppc.

Hope this helps,

RocketLife

RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
HP Recommended

Trying to print mirror image using Mac, can't find the place to do it!!! Using paint sounds like a good solution but where is 'paint'? Why can't I chat with someone???

HP Recommended
Hi Barb.

Microsoft Paint is a Windows program.

HP Photo Creations runs on both Windows and Mac. What type of project are you hoping to print?
HP Recommended

I am just trying to do an iron on transfer for a label on a sewing project. It should be a very simple task! I don't have Windows paint. I wonder if I could just print it normally and on the printer itself copy, and reverse it there? I haven't spent any more time trying to figure it out. Thanks for any help you might come up with!

HP Recommended

Hi Barb.

What is your starting document? A PDF? A Word file? A photo?

These steps let me mirror the print on a Mac running macOS 10.11.6:

1. Select Print… from the File menu or press Command-P. The printing control panel appears.
  2. Select Layout from the bottom drop-down menu. A checkbox labeled Flip horizontally appears.
  3. Enable the checkbox and print.

Layout Mirror Mac 

Hope this helps,

RocketLife 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.