Question

Honor Student
Biancaeelio
Message 1 of 3 (4,580 Views)

Missing Driver for HP Deskjet 5400 series

After some years of use, now when I click on the "services" of my printing machine, it appears a message saying."driver missing, put the driver in"! I tried several ways (downloading Uniblue driver scanner, Registry Booster and I paid for them) but nothing happened Then i uninstalled my HP Printer and I reinstalled it from my CD: nothing happened. I went to my seller who gave me a CD he had taken from HP s

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 3 (4,566 Views)

Re: Missing Driver for HP Deskjet 5400 series

[ Edited ]

What operating system?  I would suggest you disconnect the USB cable from the printer, then download and install the appropriate driver from HP here.  Do not reconnect the USB cable until instructed to by the installer.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
Biancaeelio
Message 3 of 3 (4,548 Views)

Re: Missing Driver for HP Deskjet 5400 series

Thanks for your answer. But the problem still persists: I cannot see the ink lever of my printer. Still the same message"driver missing, install it"!!! What shall I do? I am desperate: I have been trying on this problem for 3 whole days!!! HELP!HELP!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation