Question

Student
wooggee
Message 1 of 5 (6,632 Views)

Missing hpzimc12.dll file

I can not install either of my two printers. I am missing the file hpzimc12dll. Where can I download just that file for free?
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 5 (6,611 Views)

Re: Missing hpzimc12.dll file

wooggee wrote:
I can not install either of my two printers. I am missing the file hpzimc12dll. Where can I download just that file for free?

What printer modelWhat operating system?  Have you tried downloading drivers for your printer from HP's Support & Drivers site?

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Student
ladycoxey
Message 3 of 5 (4,481 Views)

If you cannot install your printer, it might be because you are trying to use a printer driver that is not compatible with Windows XP. For example, the drivers that were created for Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows Millennium Edition (Me) are not compatible with Windows XP.

When you install your printer, try using one of the printer drivers that comes with Windows XP.

First, make sure that you do not have any old printer drivers installed, and then use the Add Printer Wizard to install a Windows XP driver.

To remove old printer drivers

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Printers and Faxes.
  2. If an icon for your printer appears in the Printers and Faxes folder, right-click the icon, click Delete, and then click Yes. If you do not see an icon, continue to the next step.
  3. Close any programs that might be trying to use the printer.
  4. Close any printer properties windows that are open, including the print queue window. Leave the Printers and Faxes window open.
  5. On the File menu, click Server Properties, and then click the Drivers tab.
  6. Under Installed printer drivers, look for any drivers that have the same name as the printer you are trying to install. If you see a driver for your printer, click it, click Remove, and then click Yes.
  7. You should be able to install your printer automatically now.  Just plug it in to the computer and let them do the rest.  I think your problem is the driver and after you remove it, you won't need the dll file.

Student
plesiosauria
Message 4 of 5 (1,722 Views)

how can i get this file...?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 5 of 5 (1,717 Views)

plesiosauria wrote:

how can i get this file...?

Please read this post then provide some details.  What printer model? What operating system? Do you have a 32 bit or 64 bit version?

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation