My HP PSC 1315 all-in-one doesn't print :( (6023 Views)
Student
fmandao
Message 1 of 3 (6,023 Views)

My HP PSC 1315 all-in-one doesn't print :(

HELP ME plz!!!

My hp psc 1315 all-in-one doesn't print... It says it is printing one file (that was already printed), and then I press 'eliminate' and it says is eliminating but doesn't go further...

Why???

Can someone help me please?

Honor Student
wally6151
Message 2 of 3 (5,979 Views)

Re: My HP PSC 1315 all-in-one doesn't print :(

If you haven't already figured this one out, any time the printer jams or starts to print, but you interupt it, or printing stalls, you may get this problem.

we have fought this battle many times, and the best solution so far is to unplug the usb cable, turn off printer, then computer off.

restart computer, turn on printer, connect cable LAST. We use a Compaq presario laptop with vista and a 1315xi. It seems to occur a lot more than with the original un-updated incarnation of vista. the install disk, that came with our printer, for xp, now does not work. It used to, so forget trying a re-install if you Cd says XP. The other annoyance about this printer is short cartridge life, and it's insistance that every time you power it up, or change cartridge, it INSISTS that it print a test page, even if the last page printed was a test page! I have no fix for this, exept for removing paper and to then let it power up, until the E flashes on the display, then push cancel on printer. It does this even with a test page on scanner. By the way there is no "OK" button on this model, I think the software is Generic for a bunch of models...you can download a current version from compaq/HP website, but I still have the same issues with the driver/update software as before, so I think this is a waste of time, unless you completly lose the software om your computer......wally

Intern
j_onyx
Message 3 of 3 (5,839 Views)

Re: My HP PSC 1315 all-in-one doesn't print :(

[ Edited ]

I had no problems with my psc 1315xi in Win 2000 Pro or XP Pro. I had some inconsistent problems in Ubuntu Linux (sometimes it would print, other times it would not. I'd get it to work by warm rebooting Ubuntu)

Then, I connected it to my Dual Core Dell Gaming system (XPS400). I suspect Win XP Pro SP2 MEDIA CENTER is my problem. The printer works but each time I turn it on Windows gives me messages "Found New Hardware" and the warning "Problem Installing Printer". The 1315xi always works but the Win messages are a nusance. 

The HP software ran very slow on XP Pro SP2 but it runs fine in XP Pro Media Center. 

I find the printer is good on ink. You have two choices in color and black cartridges. I use the larger ones (which came with my printer) and a third choice in color, a photo ink cartridge. The OEM cartridges are easy to refill so I don't see where it matters which size you have. If you refill sooner, you can get many refills out of a single HP made cartridge.

It costs me under 70cents a refill. 

I did not have the problem with psc1315xi printing out a ink wasting test page each time I booted my PC or turn on the printer

until I installed it in XP SP2 Media Center. I simply press the "cancel" button when it loads the sheet of paper.

All low or out of ink chips report you are out of ink at about the half-way mark. Simply remove the cartridge and hold it upside down for a few minutes. That gets the tank chip wet and your software will report a different status. 

--J

Message Edited by j_onyx on 02-09-2009 09:17 AM
Message Edited by j_onyx on 02-09-2009 09:18 AM
"I never let schooling interfere with my education" --Mark Twain
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation