Question

Honor Student
diguser
Message 1 of 4 (2,669 Views)

My HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One displays "Memory Card Error" when I insert my memory card.

I can't find any information about this error message in my user's manual or on HP's website. Does anyone know what causes this error? I know there is nothing wrong with my memory card - it works in my digital camera and it does have photos on it. I'm using an 8GB SDHC  memory card.  HP's website has conflicting info as to whether this card is compatible with my printer.

Regents Professor
8lives
Message 2 of 4 (2,645 Views)

Re: My HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One displays "Memory Card Error" when I insert my memory

mc.JPG

You should be safe with SD memory cards.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
If my answer was helpful click the “Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks”!
I am not a HP employee.
Honor Student
diguser
Message 3 of 4 (2,638 Views)

Re: My HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One displays "Memory Card Error" when I insert my memory

"You should be safe with SD memory cards."

I am using an SDHC memory card, which IS a type of SD memory card, so this info, while appreciated, doesn't tell me what the problem is. One place on HP's website refers to an adapter for memory cards that aren't compatible with my printer. Does HP make/sell such an adapter?

Regents Professor
8lives
Message 4 of 4 (2,636 Views)

The max size on a SD is 2GB.

Any external adapter that will read SDHD card will work.

The only HP one that I have seen is internal for a desktop.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
If my answer was helpful click the “Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks”!
I am not a HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation