Question

Student
Bakerlynda
Message 1 of 5 (1,582 Views)

My HP Photosmart c4680 is turning on and off by itself. Anyone know why???? Thanks!

My HP Photosmart c4680 printer is turning on and off by itself.  Anyone know why??

Thank you!

Honor Student
tillibuck01
Message 2 of 5 (1,487 Views)

Re: My HP Photosmart c4680 is turning on and off by itself. Anyone know why???? Thanks!

Were you able to get any answers?  Mine just started to do the same thing, about a month ago.    Thanks!

PhD Student
CaptainTJ
Message 3 of 5 (1,485 Views)

Re: My HP Photosmart c4680 is turning on and off by itself. Anyone know why???? Thanks!

Hi,

There is a couple of things to try. 

The first thing I would check is the power supply that is attached to the power cord to make sure that it is connected solidly.  Sometimes the power supply and cord get slightly separated and can cause this.

If all is well there and the two pieces are solidly connected, then I'd reset the printer.  To do this leave the printer turned on and unplug the power cord from the power outlet.  Unplug the power cord from the Printer.  Wait 60 seconds and plug them back in again.  If the power doesn't automatically turn on to the printer, turn it on.  Wait for the printer to quit the normal start up sequences. 

See if this solves your issue.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
tillibuck01
Message 4 of 5 (1,483 Views)

Thank you, I have tried all of these things, with no avail  All windows updates are in order and updated printer drivers as well. 

In my research online I have found this problem to be a large one with numerous customers having the same issue with this printer.  The one resolution I have found is replacing a "capaciter" and solder in a new one??? 

Student
farrly213
Message 5 of 5 (1,362 Views)

I need info to open my printer and to identify the bad capacitors

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation