Question

Student
Rogier1980
Message 1 of 6 (8,208 Views)

My HP2575 give's "Ink Cartridge Problem - Remove and check cartridge on right"-error

Hello,

I have a HP photosmart 2575 all-in-one. For just a couple of month's I use my black 339 cartridge and suddenly it give the error "Ink Cartridge Problem - Remove and check cartridge on right", with means the black cartridge. I always use original HP cartridges and have never filled them by myself or other people. Because the expire date is just a couple of weeks late, HP won't support me.  For now I put a new cartridge in the printer, with works fine. How can I solve this problem with my cartridge? It has enough ink for many prints to make, so I don't like to throw that away. I hope you can help me with tis matter.

Thanks a lot.

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 2 of 6 (8,184 Views)

Re: My HP2575 give's "Ink Cartridge Problem - Remove and check cartridge on right"-error

Hi, could you please try cleaning the cartridge contacts (see step#2  Doc c00427221 ) and then reseating it to see if it solves the problem. If you're still getting the same error message, let me know....

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Student
ski5844
Message 3 of 6 (8,053 Views)

Re: My HP2575 give's "Ink Cartridge Problem - Remove and check cartridge on right"-error

I have the same problem. If I put in a new cartridge it is OK for awhile then I get the same message. Any help?

Student
nmoore43
Message 4 of 6 (7,937 Views)

Have had almost identical problems with office jet j5780. problem started as intermittent, but now constant. Can't figure out if it's HP ink or printer problem. Two out of three cartridges give message "cartridge on right must be replaced". the only one that doesn't is out of ink. The ink is too for expensive to keep trying new ones. I'm so frustrated, think its time to try different brand with cheaper ink. Even if the printer cost three times more the cheaper ink should offset the initial cost.

Student
Tom_Heitbrink
Message 5 of 6 (1,623 Views)

Same problem, only weirder. I'm getting this same problem when I'm trying to scan a document, so I don't even need ink in this case.

Is there any way to circumvent this, or do I have to buy a new printer (other brand) to solve this issue ?

HP Support Agent
SuperMario1
Message 6 of 6 (1,589 Views)

Hello Tom_Heitbrink. I have located a document you can follow to troubleshoot your issue. Let me know your troubleshooting results after following the document. I'm only here to help!

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00427221&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=441240

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" next to it to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation