Question

Honor Student
zatback
Message 1 of 9 (3,055 Views)

My Hp photosmart D110 feeds paper crooked

What more can I say?   Most of the times the paper feeds crooked as soon as it starts pulling it in, then of course it won't feed all the way.   and you have to pull the paper back out.   I'ts a brand new machine , hasn't had more than a dozen pages through it!

Honor Student
chyel
Message 2 of 9 (3,036 Views)

Re: My Hp photosmart D110 feeds paper crooked

exact same problem here!

Honor Student
Sharshine
Message 3 of 9 (2,795 Views)

I think it's a design flaw in the placement of the roller that picks up the paper. There is only one roller so HP placed it about an inch from the right hand side of the paper tray. It pulls more on that side than the other when I use 8.5x11 paper and feeds unevenly. I assume the placement is to allow it to pickup envelopes or narrow photo paper but it would be better if there were another roller or two to pick up the paper evenly.

I've had some success by pushing the paper all the way into the tray then pulling it back out a fraction. That seems to avoid some of the resistance when it grabs the paper and skews it. But if you pull it back too far the printer gives an "out of paper" error before it prints the next sheet. 

Student
lynda45
Message 4 of 9 (2,580 Views)

This is my second D110 series in 1 year and both do the same thing, paper feeds crooked and then jams and when taken out will not feed, just says "paper jam"

PhD Student
Binary_Zen
Message 5 of 9 (2,415 Views)

There might be an obstruction in the paper feed path that is causing the paper not to be fed right. Try the document I listed below. It shows areas to check for debris in the paper path.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02096940

Binary_Zen (worked at HP )

Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
Student
mauney
Message 6 of 9 (2,277 Views)

The paper feeds in crooked and jams. The the weight of the copy paper is 24. The weight of card stock paper is 110. My old printer did the same, so i bought a new one last year.  I use a lot of card stock paper making cards and I need the printer to work when I need it. Please help me. Sometimes the printer works alright. The printer is HP Photosmart D110.

Honor Student
clohr11
Message 7 of 9 (1,340 Views)

My paper has been feeding crooked for a while. After searching online for a while I found this website: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03478484&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4023246&tmp... and it fixed the problem 100%

Student
HP26x2
Message 8 of 9 (1,295 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thank YOU!  Thank You! CLOHR11

Student
AlanUsingHP
Message 9 of 9 (116 Views)

clohr11 wrote:

My paper has been feeding crooked for a while. After searching online for a while I found this website: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03478484&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4023246&tmp... and it fixed the problem 100%

I bought a used HP Photosmart printer/scanner, and right away I figured out that the last users thew it away because it was printing crooked.

The link in the above comment did offer the correct route to fix it. Unfortunately, it doesn't really say all that much. It's mostly routine sort of stuff that you would do anyway. For instance, print the printer status.

I had a situation where it was actually so crooked that it returned an error trying to print its status. In that event, the instructions say to get it serviced by HP, that's all. Well, I opened it up and did as much cleaning as I could. Mainly

• Dust off the entire length of the loading area
  • Clean the rollers on the detachable part on the back

This alone got it printing straight again. I concur with the other comments here that the rollers on the right which catch the paper are a design weak point, and it seems hard to deny the connection. Anyway, with any luck, it'll keep printing straight.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation