My Hp smart print bing bar disappeared - I would like to know how to get it back (1122 Views)
Tutor
Lindahls
Message 1 of 11 (1,122 Views)

My Hp smart print bing bar disappeared - I would like to know how to get it back

HP 6500A Printer - Windows 7   Where did my bing bar for smart print go & how do I get it back  Thanks

Provost
pcwizard
Message 2 of 11 (1,106 Views)

Re: My Hp smart print bing bar disappeared - I would like to know how to get it back

Hi Lindahls,

On your Internet Explorer browser right click right below the address bar and you will find that there is no check mark next to the bing toolbar. Open the attached document to see how to re-enable the toolbar.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Tutor
Lindahls
Message 3 of 11 (1,101 Views)

Re: My Hp smart print bing bar disappeared - I would like to know how to get it back

Thanks to HP employee who advised me to go to drop down menu with a listing of toolbars & re enable the bing toolbar - I tried that but it didn't do the job - I wonder if it's hidden under the xfinity toolbar that wasn't there before.

Provost
pcwizard
Message 4 of 11 (1,098 Views)

Open the control panel and look in the add remove programs for Microsoft bing bar or HP bing bar

I am an HP employee.

Tutor
xJohnnyOx
Message 5 of 11 (1,046 Views)

On or about November 10th, my HP Bing Bar with Smart Print also vanished.  The Bing bar also set itself up in a different place.  Then the HP network printer config files all vanished.  It sucked.

I believe it turned out that MS issued an Automatic update at that same time that had a bug.  They then issued another one to fix the previous one last week.  Unfortunatly, the damage was done.

The HP employee has given a basic answer that assumes the installation of the HP bing bar with Smart Print is intact, but if you were affected by the automatic update, then their answer will just lead to aggrivation that you are doing something wrong.

I am still trying to recover from this.  If successful, I will let you know what I did.

John

Provost
pcwizard
Message 6 of 11 (1,042 Views)

Hi xJonnyOx,

Try the following steps to resolve the issue.

1. Open Control Panel

2. Uninstall the Microsoft Bing Bar

3. Insert Printer installation CD into the drive

4. On the splash screen choose install additional software

5. Reinstall the Microsoft Bing Bar.

Let me know what you find out?

I am an HP employee.

Tutor
xJohnnyOx
Message 7 of 11 (1,038 Views)

[ Edited ]

Dear PC Wizard,

I was not able to follow your instructions.  This was because:

1. My original printer disk is about 6 years old and incompatible with Win7.  I had previously restored

network printer services from my HP HPE-510 to the HP Photosmart C6180 by downloading the newest package from HP web site.  It prints and scans ok, but for some reason it will not report ink levels (window status indicates ink levels unavailable).  All other computers printing from it still can show correct ink levels, so not sure what is going on there (any comment).

2. Original disk did not have any Bing bar features.

I have however now restored HP bing bar with smart print.

1. Like you suggested, I first uninstalled the Bing Bar and HP smart print.

2. I went to the HP web site http://h41112.www4.hp.com/bing_toolbar2/us/en/smart.html?jumpid=ex_r602_ww/en/hho/ipg/xx-mu-aw_chev/...

3. I first reinstalled the Bing Bar from the Step 1 download it here link.  This will close explorer while installing.  After installation, reopen and go back to the HP smartprint page.

4. I then installed smart print by clicking on the activate smartprint now button. It will also close explorer.  

5. After it does its thing, reopen explorer, it will ask if you want to activate new features, say yes.  Takes about 30-60 seconds, then the bing bar with smart print is back.

Thank you for your help.  If you have any idea about the ink level thing, I would appreciate hearing about that.

John 

Tutor
xJohnnyOx
Message 8 of 11 (1,037 Views)

Where is the accept as solution button?

Tutor
xJohnnyOx
Message 9 of 11 (1,036 Views)

[ Edited ]

Just to clarify, after bing bar is installed, the user has to manually reopen explorer and go back to the HP smart print web site.  I did not mean that it automatically happens, although I now see that is how it reads. 

EDIT (I just found out I can edit my replys, so I corrected the above instructions.)

Provost
pcwizard
Message 10 of 11 (1,031 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi xJonnyOx,

Mark as a solution should be next to the reply button.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to/How-to-Mark-Your-Question-as-Solved-Video/...

For the ink status issue this can be caused when you have transferred the cartridges from another printer they were install. The other reason is if you are using a reburbished or remanufactured cartridge then it can't detect the ink levels.

I am an HP employee.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation