Question

Top Student
Bar1
Message 1 of 8 (1,916 Views)

My Officejet 4500 printer only prints half pages of email attachments but prints Ok Otherwise.

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 2 of 8 (1,906 Views)

Re: My Officejet 4500 printer only prints half pages of email attachments but prints Ok Otherwise.

Hi there,

Could you provide the community with a little more information to help narrow troubleshooting? What application are we printing from and what operating system are we using?

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Top Student
Bar1
Message 3 of 8 (1,899 Views)

Re: My Officejet 4500 printer only prints half pages of email attachments but prints Ok Otherwise.

I am using Internet Explorer & gmail.

Is this the info you require?

Bar1

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 4 of 8 (1,874 Views)

bar1,

Thanks for the additional info! It is part of what we need. The last part is the operating system you are running. Microsoft Windows, Apple OSX, or Linux. Since you mentioned using internet explorer we can safely assume you are in a windows environment :smileywink:. To find your exact version of windows you can use how-tos like this or this.

Before we get to in depth with troubleshooting lets try downloading and running the print and scan doctor located here(to make sure we have no software issues causing the problem):

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03275041&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en
It can fix a lot on its own and if not give a better idea of what is going on. Make sure to let us know the results.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Top Student
Bar1
Message 5 of 8 (1,847 Views)

Have updated using Print &I Scan Doctor. Situation unchanged I am afraid. I am using Windows 7.

Bar1

Top Student
Bar1
Message 6 of 8 (1,773 Views)

Sorry for delay in reply but I have been away. I have done the checks you suggested, but no help there. Printer continues to print only half pages on email attachments.

Bar1

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 7 of 8 (1,760 Views)

bar1,

Thank you for the additional info. With the print and scan doctor coming back fine we should be good on the software end. Lets dig a little deeper into the attachment itself. What kind of attachment is this? Just HTML or pdf/doc/etc?

Additionally lets try saving the attachment and opening in a word processor like microsoft word or open office. In the word processor check the print preview to see that it shows correctly. If it does show correctly go ahead and print it off and let us know the results.

Best of Luck!

Top Student
Bar1
Message 8 of 8 (1,695 Views)

Hi John B

I have now tried moving the attachments into Office Word & a  PDF one into Adobe Reader & the situation remains the same - half page print. Also I have now received an email message (not with attachment) & this now refuses to print more than half page.

The common factor appears to be the small printer icon that comes with most email pages but is missing in atachments when I bring them down.This forces me to use the toolbar icon or CTRL P

The new  message that will not print does not have this icon in the page..

Regards

Bar1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation