Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have had this happen twice and both times it was when I accidentally left a paper in for copying.  Even when I removed it, the printer went into very slow mode.  Finally, I tried unplugging the printer and removing the cord from the back of the printer as well.  I turned off the printer, rebooted, turned it on again, and the problem is solved.  At least in my case, I needed to reset things after removing the paper I had copied and left in.  I do not know if this is your issue, but I am passing it on in case it is as it is certainly frustrating when this happens.

HP Recommended

Hi Bob, 

I have a D1360 and had the same slow printing issue. Ive tried your suggestion, first I remove the black cartridge and did the test print, its fast. Then I remove the Color and putback te black, testprint...its OK too. Then I put them back and print my work... the problem persist, very slow printing.  What happen ? isit software problem ? 

Thanks

Kris

HP Recommended
Hi Jademnm, THANKYOU SO MUCH !!!! you saved my life.
I tried with the eraser and it works !
HP Recommended

Thankyou somuch !!! the eraser works...:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

I have a HP Deskjet 6940.  I tried your method (with pencil eraser) of gently cleaning of the cartridge contact inside the printer.  Amazing results!!!!  It's back up to speed and it only took  30 seconds.  Thanks.

HP Recommended

Read the issues with slow printers, tried the suggestions and discovered the color cartridge had ink build up on the back of it..cleaned it off, and all is well!

Thanks to HP for the help!

ladydark

HP Recommended

This worked for me, I removed my tri-color because it was empty and it printed fast again!

@Bob_Headrick wrote:

@trunk wrote:

I'm trying to see why my printer is so slow. I see your responses below but I am not at all technical..

What is a swath, how do I print in reserve mode? is cartridge an ink cartridge or something else in the printer?

Thanks

A swath is the printhead moving across the page.  Reserve mode is possible on most recent printers that have a two ink cartridges, one for black and another that is tri-color.  When one of the ink cartridges is removed the printer will automatically switch to reserve mode and print with the remaining cartridge.

What is your printer model?

HP Recommended

I have a PSC 2410 photosmart printer that was working fine until a couple of days ago....now it prints one page in 8 minutes.....one line then a pause of 45 seconds and then another line.   I switched ink cartridges and then one at a time but it still prints slow.  What is wrong....I see this same problem on chats on line.

HP Recommended

My H P all in one D110 series printer hase slowed right down

HP Recommended

Thank you. I hope an HP person reads this and adds these troubleshooting steps to the following HP document:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01905232

I read that document, and since our cartridges are genuine, the only possibility according to the document was the power supply, so ordered one ($$$).

While waiting for it to arrive I found this thread, and sure enough, one of our genuine HP cartridges was the problem, and replacing it was the fix.

I now have an extra power supply that I don't need...

Thanks HP! (sarcasm)

Thanks Bob! (sincere)

JC

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.