Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@monkjc  - Thanks for the heads up on the documentation, I will flag this and ask someone to look into fixing the document.  

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

i have changed both cartriges twice has made no diferance  deskjet 3050  can take several mins per page  i have tried wifi and usb both the same

HP Recommended

Same thing here LJP400 MFP

Thnaks for volunteering but I need a product that works when I need it to work.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem of printing slowly just as described in prior posts with my 5yr old HP Deskjet 3050 printer. Just after putting in a new black cartridge. I thought there was something wrong with the cartridge. I read the suggestions, sighed, all looked complicated, thought of buying a new printer THEN took out the color cartridge, waved it around for ten seconds saying a silent prayer then put it back in. Hey presto it's printing fine and just as fast as ever. So my advice is take out your printhead and reseat it before trying anything else. It's worked for me.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem of printing slowly just as described in prior posts with my 5yr old HP Deskjet 3050 printer. Just after putting in a new black cartridge. I thought there was something wrong with the cartridge. I read the suggestions, sighed, all looked complicated, thought of buying a new printer THEN took out the color cartridge, waved it around for ten seconds saying a silent prayer then put it back in. Hey presto it's printing fine and just as fast as ever. So my advice is take out your printhead and reseat it before trying anything else. It's worked for me.

HP Recommended

I removed the faulty cartridge and found out that was some ink linking. I cleaned it with a cloth and put the cartridge back in place.

After that I've re-started the printer and is working fine again.

Try this before buying a new cartridge.

HP Recommended

Hi everyone! Smiley Happy

For anyone that's having this SLOW PRINTING issue.. I suggest you make sure printer is plug in directly to wall outlet first. (this might sound weird, like "why would i do this? it's been worling on a power surge / power strip all this time.) But believe me, this does makes a difference Smiley Wink

Send me a reply, if you need further info on this.

Technical Support Rep @ HP
*You might have speak with me over the phone before 🙂

Please click “Thumbs up” as an encouragement and if this has helped solved your problem.

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

@Anteookkbbokkii wrote:

Hi everyone! :generic:

For anyone that's having this SLOW PRINTING issue.. I suggest you make sure printer is plug in directly to wall outlet first. (this might sound weird, like "why would i do this? it's been worling on a power surge / power strip all this time.) But believe me, this does makes a difference :Wink:

Then performed a SEMI FULL RESET to the printer. [snip]

Send me a reply, if you need further info on this.

There are risks associated with messing around with the support menus, it is easy to cause problems. See the post here for information.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Hi, have just setup a brand new HP Envy 5646 using wireless Network. Printing is unbearably slow. I've installed the 2 cartridges that were supplied with the printer. I read way back on this board about something to tweak in the setup. Please can you explain. thank you so much.

HP Recommended

I have a HP4500 Envy and I replaced the ink cartridges with a remanufactured cartridge and the printer now prints extremely  slow.  After reading the comments on this site I decided to go to the store and buy  the regg. HP ink and see if there is a difference in the speed. 

The remanuf. one a so much cheaper but if it makes the printer really slow it is not worth it.  I think I could write down on paper the info on what I wanted to print before the printer  finished.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.