Question

Student
jerrywk
Message 1 of 3 (1,512 Views)

Not printing with Windows 7 & LaserJet P1006

Installed Windows 7 and my P1006 stopped working.  Just downloaded the Windows 7 driver and get the same results.  When I print the job queues then completes but no action from the printer.  I tried both the full function and host based drivers and get the same results.  Note that the printer worked under Windows Vista.
Student
Btang
Message 2 of 3 (1,492 Views)

Re: Not printing with Windows 7 & LaserJet P1006

Yes, I am having exactly the same problem!

Student
sueandroger
Message 3 of 3 (1,301 Views)

Re: Not printing with Windows 7 & LaserJet P1006

It's been a while since this message, but I am having the same problem and I have a partial solution.  I downloaded the new windows 7 driver ( I had to uninstall the XP driver before installing the W7 driver) for the P1006 and found that if I print something from Notepad it will print.  After I have printed from Notepad then I can print from Word, Excel and the web.  But I have to reprint from Notepad after I run out of paper, the system goes to sleep or if the system or the printer is powered off and then powered on again.  Can you do this?  Any ideas why this strange behavior?
Thanks,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation