06-01-2011 09:06 AM
My OfficeJet 6500 Wireless won't recognize the black ink cartridge, is this a problem with all the 6500's? Is there a permanent fix for this? My ink cartridge still has ink in it... HELP!
06-19-2011 11:34 PM
I've been struggling with this for a while too, and I am suspicious that HP likes us burning through our color cartridges.
Thank goodness I finally found the answer. I stole this from another thread:
"I also have the OfficeJet 6500 and had the same problem. The black text was printing using a mix of colored inks instead of the black ink, resulting in a grey, fuzzy text. I finally found a solution. In each application under Page Setup, there is an option called "Format for". Mine had been set to "Any Printer". I changed that to "Officejet 6500 E709n [830E4A]" and now it prints the black just fine. I have a Mac running 10.4.11. Hope this helps."
This worked for me. Just make sure you switch the status on all of your programs.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper