Question

Student
ALLYJ10
Message 1 of 2 (723 Views)

Office Jet 6500 Wireless not recognizing the black ink cartridge.

My OfficeJet 6500 Wireless won't recognize the black ink cartridge, is this a problem with all the 6500's? Is there a permanent fix for this? My ink cartridge still has ink in it... HELP!

Tutor
TabTreeJunkie
Message 2 of 2 (644 Views)

Re: Office Jet 6500 Wireless not recognizing the black ink cartridge.

I've been struggling with this for a while too, and I am suspicious that HP likes us burning through our color cartridges. 

Thank goodness I finally found the answer. I stole this from another thread:

"I also have the OfficeJet 6500 and had the same problem. The black text was printing using a mix of colored inks instead of the black ink, resulting in a grey, fuzzy text. I finally found a solution. In each application under Page Setup, there is an option called "Format for". Mine had been set to "Any Printer". I changed that to "Officejet 6500 E709n [830E4A]" and now it prints the black just fine. I have a Mac running 10.4.11. Hope this helps."

This worked for me. Just make sure you switch the status on all of your programs.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation