OfficeJet 6500 All in One False paper Jam error (1417 Views)
Top Student
BstnGeo
Message 1 of 9 (1,417 Views)

OfficeJet 6500 All in One False paper Jam error

I have an OJ 6500 All in One purchased early last year that is rarely used. I went to fax something earlier tonite and I get a

PAPER JAM error that will not clear. there is no paper stuck anywhere in the machine. i tried to reset by pulling plug with machine on, but when plugging back in..............it turns on and starts again. I am a NEWBIE to blogging and asking questions, but I really DO need to send this fax by morning. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

BstnGeo

Intern
BreadPigZ2
Message 2 of 9 (1,007 Views)

Re: OfficeJet 6500 All in One False paper Jam error

Hi BstnGeo,

Is there any paper from the input being picked when you see this Paper Jam error (displayed on the control panel screen, i presume??)?

I am an HP employee.
Honor Student
kingberg
Message 3 of 9 (935 Views)

For the record, I'm having this same issue with this printer and am unable to resolve it.  The printer is still under warranty, and support is uselesss with troubleshooting it.   I'm replacing it with a Canon, and am escalating this issue up the support management chain.  MAJOR customer dissat. issue with this product

Top Student
BstnGeo
Message 4 of 9 (931 Views)

No, used Total Care and issue was fixed (w/remote help and phone help)
Top Student
BstnGeo
Message 5 of 9 (931 Views)

I used Total Care, ans issue was resolved (w/remote and phone help)
Intern
bru20
Message 6 of 9 (924 Views)

Well what solved it?

I had a similar problem with a different printer and troubleshooting would not resolve it so HP replaced it under warranty.  I fully expect the problem to occur with the new printer.  Then I will move to another brand.

Top Student
BstnGeo
Message 7 of 9 (923 Views)

Printer wasn't recognizing router. Printer had to be completely reset. I had a false paper  jam mssg w/a previous HP printer, and bought this newer All in One. Cheaper to buy new than fix. After TC warranty is up....if any problems arise, I'll move on also.

Honor Student
kingberg
Message 8 of 9 (920 Views)

To prove a point, I allowed the printer to feed paper through at bring-up in the top feeder to prove there was no jam.   It still detects one.   If HP has any integrity, they'd replace these printers with the model that supercedes these.

gnn Honor Student
Honor Student
gnn
Message 9 of 9 (666 Views)

MY HP6500 E , MODEL # E709N, PAPER JAM USING EVERY SUGESTION ON WEB TO RESOLVE IT DID NOT WORK. MINE IS OUT OF WARRENTY. WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation