Question

Tutor
Kberlen
Message 1 of 7 (920 Views)

OfficeJet 6500A Plus E710n problem printing .PDF files

I have a Officejet 6500A Plus that I really like, but I have an annoying problem with it. When printing a .PDF document, the printer will print the first page fine, and on the following pages it will print a portion of the page, eject the sheet, print some more of the page, eject a sheet, and so on. It does this on a computer wired directly to it with a USB connection. I do have the printer on my wireless network as well.

I am using Adobe Reader version 8, and am running XP Home on the computer I am having the issue with. Help please! Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Tutor
Kberlen
Message 2 of 7 (903 Views)

Re: OfficeJet 6500A Plus E710n problem printing .PDF files

Just an update...just downloaded and installed adobe reader V 10, and am still having the same issue...

Kevin

PhD Student
Binary_Zen
Message 3 of 7 (883 Views)

Does this issue happen only when printing PDF? or does it happen on any other print? Try to print the test pdf file on the linked document below and let me know if the issue persists.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01908748

Binary_Zen (worked at HP )

Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
Student
RADMAN55
Message 4 of 7 (677 Views)

I have narrowed down my printing problem to PDF files.  The graphics comes out fine but the text is mixed up.  Not exactly garbled, just all over the place.  Characters are exchanged with other characters, alpha and numeric.  It seems to happen with Acrobat X.   I can't seem to eliminate the problem, no matter what I try.  Any suggestions?  I am running Windows XP.

Student
Analityk
Message 5 of 7 (491 Views)

I do have similar problem with printing pdf files - difrend strange letters, patterns  etc instead of proper text - what shall we do? Pleas help.  Our printer HP OfficeJet 6500A Plus and   Adobe Reader v 11.0.03.37 and laptop with XP Windows, connection with the printer wireless,

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 6 of 7 (467 Views)

Hello Analityk,

Please take a look at this document and let me know if the troubleshooting steps help to resolve this issue.

Please let me know.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Top Student
cerien
Message 7 of 7 (212 Views)

Same issue here, initially I though it was the double sided, but it happens also single side.

It happens with some PDF files (eg passport scan) - not all - and some openoffice documents (3 pages - with some formatting)

I've upgraded the printer firmware to CIP1FN1206AR, upgraded my pc hp software to 2012-10-22 , Version28.8, performed a full reset via the maintenance debug, no luck

I've followed the instruction in the previous link, no luck

Any other suggestion ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation