Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am now trying my second partial reset. It doesn't seem to help me. Any other ideas anyone?

HP Recommended

Hi @marcog7,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! 🙂 I understand you have performed a partial reset on your HP Officejet 6500A Plus because the black ink was not printing. You are still unable to print in black ink.

Were you able to follow ALL steps in this document as well: Color or Black Ink Not Printing

What happened when you soaked the original printhead?

Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution" . If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos.

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Dear HevnLgh: I am responding to you because I want to thank you for taking the time. I am about to toss this printer. I have now spent over 10 hours trying to fix, have burned through two sets of printer ink (the ones I bought yesterday now say almost empty) and have even bought a new printerhead. Also had someone come over at 50 an hour to try and I wasted another two hours. After all that, it still tells me alighment failed on set-up, will not print black and I have done so many set-ups that I have wasted untold pages of paper. When I soaked the printer head, sure some ink came out, but nothing unusual. It didn't even seem that dirty.

Sometimes it almost prints the first page and then gets significantly worse in sucessive pages. The fact that this happens at all is really disconcerting. I am not a heavy user, just print a few pages a day at home. This is not office use. The printer was checked by a tech. If this doesn't clear up soon, this is going in the garbage and I will never use HP again. I've spent too much toime with zero results.

HP Recommended

@marcog7,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

Thanks again for your persistence!!

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thank you, but I have given up. Just tried to clean printhead three more times. The black is faded and line-y.

Just doesn't want to happen.

best,

HP Recommended

What's interesting is that this started with my first 6500, never resolved, even after i bought the new printerhead. then I installed a second 6500A (because I had so much ink on hand), which was bench tested before I got it and it operates the same (same issue with the black). I have even tried to switch printerheads, from one that came in the second machine, to the new printerhead I kept when I couldn't get the first machine to work...to no avail.

I have been through the ringer with these 6500's. I did switch to microsoft 10, but before the first printer went out.

I would have a hard time believing that it is a software issue at this point, especially since the color prints so well on the alignment page, while the black is so poor.

Thank you again for your help. 

HP Recommended

Tried this cleaning process 4 times. NOT. Color prints great, black stinks.

HP Recommended

Hello,

This happened to me several months ago and the soaking cleaning fixed it.

Now it has happened again and I cannot make it work, in fact, it won't print an alignment page.

I use only HP cartridges, they are vented, starting with new cartridges I have soaked 2x, and partial reset 2x.

Now I get the ink system failure message 0XC10a0013.

I am using a US machine, but living in Kazakhstan. How do I get a replacement inkhead?

Will it really fix it?

M

HP Recommended

I welcome all suggestions that have proven successful.

HP Recommended

Thank You! This fixed the issue for me.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.