OfficeJet 7500A can't print custom sizes?? (17164 Views)
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 21 of 51 (5,108 Views)

Re: OfficeJet 7500A can't print custom sizes??

windandflame wrote:

I have the HP 7500 E910a...

It will print up to 13x19, but I cannot, for the life of me, get it to print on 12x18 Arch B Sheets.   I have created a new print server form, (many times), to no avail. 

Oddly enough, I noticed that C and D size sheets are already predefined by Windows 7, but also do not show up in the "Paper Size" drop down list in printing preferences.

I gather that these are not listed because the printer driver does not support it.

However, 12 x 18 is less than the greatest paper size the printer can print, so why doesn't the printer allow us to select this form size, (Arch B).

If you have any thoughts, please let me know.  Should I also be using an HP 7000 driver for windows 7 x 64?  Thanks!

I would suggest adding an additional printer with the the 7000 driver, select the same port as the 7500 uses.   You will then have two printers (or more...) in your Devices and Printers folder, you can use the 7000 printer as needed for custom sizes.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Student
DogWrangler1
Message 22 of 51 (5,001 Views)

I have a workaround for printing 12 x 18 on this printer from from AutoCAD.  VERY frustrating that I could not set a custom paper size in the 7500.  12 x 18 (Arch B) is a pretty standard paper size in the Engineering/Architectural world.

My drawing layout is set up for 12x18.  In the Plot window, I set the paper size to "Super B", selected the 7500 as my printer then hit "Properties".  In the "Plotter Configuration" window that came up, I made adjustments to the margins in the "Super B" paper size by hitting "Modify Standard Paper Sizes (Printable Area)."  Then I saved the new settings to a .pc3 file name I could remember easily,  In the Plot window, you have to select "Super B" because this is the only way to gain access to the margin settings.  As stated by others, there is no "User Defined" or "Custom Paper" settings on this machine.  If I simpy tried using Arch B, the margins were way off.

I had to play around with the margins for quite a while, and I had to move the left edge of my title block over, but I can now print on my 12 x18 sheets, even though the printer seems to think it is printing on 13 x 19.  The machine is loaded with 12 x 18 paper and I believe I have the width detection setting turned off.

Haven't tried this sort of workaround with other programs yet....

Student
JockL
Message 23 of 51 (4,924 Views)

Wow am i glad i found this thread!! Thanks for all teh help!

Student
BarkerFC
Message 24 of 51 (4,543 Views)

I had some limited success printing to 9x12 canvas paper by choosing the 12x12 small margin option in printer setup. The photo image was good top to bottom, but shifted to the right by an inch or so-- I suppose by cropping my photo prior to printing this might be fixed, OR, perhaps I could paste the photo in a word processer and print it with different margin setting. 

When I tried to print 12x12 (no indication of  margin) the image was rotated, in effect printing the portrait on landscape orientation. All of the horizontal image was captured, but of course, the portrait was cut at the bottom But, the image was centered left to right (horizontal). This was with "layout" as  "portrait"-- maybe there's a fluke to be exploited here.

At least in these settings the paper was not rejected sumarily. 

I may experiment with other settings, but I am running short of canvas paper. :-(

Honor Student
ftelf
Message 25 of 51 (4,521 Views)

I'm terribly disappointed with the HP OJ 7500A. I have upgraded from the HP OJ 7000 which has been bending paper and smirching my prints. How it is even possible that even though this printer is propagated as A3+ with custom paper sizes up to 330x1118 this feature is not available on the major operating system ? This seems like epic fail to me.

PS: Since I bought the printer 5 days ago and printed about 100 A3 papers, 3 of them has back spots of int on the end. 2 paper cruched and shredded.

The printer just printed the a3 paper. At the very end it feeded the very same paper back from the exit, made some terrible noise. Feed out and back about three times. When the paper finally went out, the end of the paper has been crushed and filled by ink. This is very nice, since it has been full colour image on 190g premium photo paper.

Honor Student
prettyflamingo
Message 26 of 51 (4,288 Views)

I tried this, saved the new form but it didn't show up when i clicked on printer properties. I run Windows 7 professional with a photosmart 7510e all in one wireless printer. Any suggestions, please?
Student
Nikolini
Message 27 of 51 (4,232 Views)

Hello.

I am also one of those that missed the "custom size not applicable to windows" and bought the 7500.

I have read all the previous posts and tried all possible ways in order to set custom page size.

I have installed hp officejet 7000, with all possible ways indicated,  and tried to print but everytime, I would get a "spooler stopped working" error.

I am using Windows 7 x64. After 24 hours of continuous try :mansad:to find a solution I am begging for your help.

Any other tips? I really need to get custom size print.

Honor Student
hpbaxxter
Message 28 of 51 (4,072 Views)

I'm just in rush buying a wide format printer.  I was decited to go for oj7000, but wireless/scan option and together better price made me think about 7500. But custom size print is a top priority for me.  A question for you guys, who fooled the printer with 7000 drivers> When printing on 7500 using 7000 drivers, is it possible to print up to 330x1180 mm as real 7000? Or I can setup custom size, but limited within the maximum size of A3+ ? Thankx

Honor Student
ftelf
Message 29 of 51 (4,054 Views)

Well in short yes, it is possible to use oj7000 drivers for oj7500a printer and benefit from the custom paper size feature, but everything has a cost. If you are from USA where this printer costs about 200 USD than you may excuse the buggy mechanic build, 1% chance to crunch your paper even 190g premium photo paper. 2% chance to have random color spots on your printings and 2% change to have streaks on your paper. It's A3+ equivalent of super extra cheap printer which you would get bundled with your cornflakes. The technical support sounds like a broken mp3.

PS: eats ink really fast. I blame the cleaning routine because I was returning one of the printer because of the color streaks. The service told me, that the color sponges were completely full of ink. I have replaced only three sets of original cardridges so far. I'm able to print about 20-30 full color a3 photos on one set of color cardridges. Expensive like hell.

Honor Student
hpbaxxter
Message 30 of 51 (4,052 Views)

I've been looking for a A3+ format ink printer with a custom size paper option. And this one - 7000 I found on my friend's table, with reccommandations. I just need to print som B&W cad drawings of small family houses, and it seems to be a good choice. I pick 7500A just because of bundled scanner and lower price.  Anyway it is 265 USD for 7500A and 300 USD for 7000 over here in central europe. I am not expecting a wonder, but hope that it can handle a couple of 330x1100mm prints  per week.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation