Question

Honor Student
All-In-12345678
Message 1 of 2 (135 Views)

OfficeJet Pro 8600 worked utill firmware update hit 3-Jul-14, now prints wet broad black lines

OfficeJet Pro 8600 (All-In-One) worked utill firmware update hit on 3-Jul-14 with all new cartridges, but since update, prints wet broad black lines only when I copy a page of text.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 2 (124 Views)

Re: OfficeJet Pro 8600 worked utill firmware update hit 3-Jul-14, now prints wet broad black lines

What is the firmware version?  I do not see any new versions on the HP website since 2013.  What is the printer model number - something like N911a?  You can find both of these from the front panel as follows:

1. From the Control panel, press Help (?) button, select Printer Information [where the model number can be found]

2. Use the down arrow button to scroll to the 2nd screen

3. The current firmware revision will appear on the screen

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation