Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Last night my Officejet 4630 asked to install updates. It appeared to lock up during the installation process, so I unplugged the power and plugged it back in. Now the display says "ERROR CODE 0XB002740C" and will not respond.  I've followed the troubleshooting steps at http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00489814, but it has not cleared the error message or allowed me to print.

Any help would be appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. I ended up chatting with HP support and after going through all the troubleshooting procedures with no success, HP replaced my printer at no charge (yay for warranty!).  The new printer is working like a champ... but I won't be installing any updates in future so I can avoid this situation repeating itself. 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello StandingSunProd,

Please let me take a moment to say "Welcome" to the HP Forums.

I hope you enjoy your experience!

I see that you are having an issue with error codes on the printer display screen.

First off, please make sure that you have the printer power cable connected directly to a wall outlet and not a power bar/strip. Here is a document that uses a LaserJet printer as an example but it is meant for HP products in general. Please click on the following link that explains the Issues when Connected to an Uninterruptible Power Supply/Power Strip/Surge Protector.

I am also going to send you a private message.

Please feel free to write me back if you have any other questions or concerns.

I hope you have a Great Tuesday.

Cheers,Smiley Happy

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. I ended up chatting with HP support and after going through all the troubleshooting procedures with no success, HP replaced my printer at no charge (yay for warranty!).  The new printer is working like a champ... but I won't be installing any updates in future so I can avoid this situation repeating itself. 🙂

HP Recommended

@StandingSunProd 

Glad to hear you got a replacement

🙂

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

Last night my Officejet 4630 asked to install updates. It appeared to lock up during the installation process, so I unplugged the power and plugged it back in. Now the display says "ERROR CODE 0XB002740C" and will not respond.  I've followed the troubleshooting steps at http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00489814, but it has not cleared the error message or allowed me to print.

I see that others had this exact same problem and the printer had to be replaced? HELP!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.