Question

Student
ForumDon
Message 1 of 7 (609 Views)

Officejet 4630 printer makes high pitched whine even when not printing

I just bought an Officejet 4630 printer for home use and noticed it makes an annoying high pitched whine whenever it's not sleeping, even when not printing.  Is not very loud, and would not be noticeable in an office environment due to ambient noise, but is obvious in a quiet home environment.  Is this normal for this model or is the unit defective?  Neither of my two previous inkjet printers made this noise.

Honor Student
kennj3
Message 2 of 7 (555 Views)

Re: Officejet 4630 printer makes high pitched whine even when not printing

I have the same issue!!  I just got the printer a couple days ago.  I am investigating further on the interwebs to see if there is an easy fix.  Otherwise, this printer has got to go and my days of endorsing HP are over.  Let me know if you find anything.

Honor Student
Monalisa717
Message 3 of 7 (467 Views)

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! It's been driving me crazy the past few weeks and I'm elated I just found out what it was so I could turn it off, but so disappointed I won't be leaving it on unless I'm printing something. What a bummer. I will also post back If I find out anything.
Honor Student
kennj3
Message 4 of 7 (453 Views)

Great to hear.  In your case, what was the issue?

Honor Student
Monalisa717
Message 5 of 7 (440 Views)

Same issue - high pitched noise when the printer is on.  I haven't found a resolution.  For now I've been only turning it on when I use it.  Then I turn it right off again!  Ugh, it's a pretty annoying noise!

HP Support Agent
JeffHelp
Message 6 of 7 (374 Views)

03/21/14- Jeff reached out to customer

I work for HP
HP Support Agent
JeffHelp
Message 7 of 7 (354 Views)

Hello,

If your OfficeJet 4630 is within the standard warranty period, please contact HP technical support to speak to one of our agents who can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue.

We look forward to your response,

Best regards,

Jeff Christopher
Executive Customer Relations
Hewlett-Packard Company
Palo Alto, California

I work for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation