11-18-2008 01:41 AM
11-18-2008 02:51 AM
1. Without turning off the printer, unplug the power cord on both ends of the printer (from the wall outlet also).
2. Wait for a minute or two.
3. Reconnect power cord to the wall outlet.
4. Press and hold pound and three buttons on the printer.
5. Reconnect power cord to the back of the printer while holding pound and three and then release them.
6. Turn on the printer.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions.
If problem persist, call technical support at 1-800-474-6836.
11-18-2008 06:47 AM
First check the Self test page from the printer using the following steps.
Press Setup on the All-in-One then Press 2 then press 6
Check if the self test page is printing the black or not. If the printer does not print black in the test page, please perform the following.
Using a clean, dry lint-free cloth (a coffee filter works well), wipe the cartridge contacts, from the top to the bottom. The contact area of the cartridge should be rubbed briskly to remove the waxy lubricant material from the gold contacts.
The contacts inside the printer may also require cleaning. Using a clean, dry, lint-free cloth, gently wipe the contacts, from the top to the bottom.
Follow the steps below to power cycle your all-in-one:
1. Verify that the unit is switched on. Disconnect power cable from All-in-One and also from wall outlet.
2. Wait 30 seconds.
3. Plug in the power cable to All-in-One and also to wall outlet
Then perform the following
A semi-full reset will do the following:
The user settings to the factory defaults, Language and country settings on some models, Fax logs, Fax headers, Fax speed dial information.
Reset the All-in-One to the factory default settings by using these instructions:
1. Unplug the power cable from printer when the printer is powered on and wait for 20 seconds.
2. Then, press and hold # and 6 while plugging in the power cord.
Continue holding until it displays Semi Full Reset message in the front panel of the All-in-One.
please reply asap with the findings.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper