Question

Honor Student
shack
Message 1 of 6 (3,606 Views)

Officejet 6000 cleaning?

When I turn on the HP Officejet 6000 it goes through it's whole routine. I have no idea what it's doing.  But also when I print a page it also goes through it's routine afterwards.  My question is, is it possibly cleaning?  The problem is I am completely out of colored ink, all three, and I almost never print in color.  Always B&W text.  I'm thinking I'd like to turn off any such feature or force it to print only in B&W.  Thank you.  Shack

Honor Student
nickharr77
Message 2 of 6 (3,585 Views)

Re: Officejet 6000 cleaning?

Hi Shack - Just wondered if you had solved your problem with your Officejet 6000. I bought two of these printers for two small offices - I had the same problem as you with the first one. After every batch of printing  it would go into a cleaning or initializing routine. I phoned HP customer care and they said it was faulty so sent it back for a replacement. I then contected the other one up and got exactly the same problem! Phoned HP again and they said that it might be a print head problem so they are sending two new heads! The coincidence of two printers being faulty with print head problems I would have thought was very high so I'm not convinced that this is going to work. Obviously in my situation all the cartridges are full so no problem there.

Maybe someone out there has solved this problem!

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 3 of 6 (3,573 Views)

This model has separate printheads and ink supplies and some amount of servicing (cleaning) is required to keep the printheads healthy.  See here for information on how ink is used

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
shack
Message 4 of 6 (3,543 Views)

Thank you so much.  I read the information you sent.  But that's what I was afraid to read.  You see my printer is completely out of colored ink and I almost never print color.  Any work arounds?  Thanks, Shack

Student
ralphc
Message 5 of 6 (2,703 Views)

I was wondering what the HP officejet 6000 was doing, with all the gyrations it goes through to activate and shut down.

I have had it about 7 months and it is the worst printer I have ever owned.  It takes forever to get anythingt to print.

Luckily, I have a Lexmark X2670 and at least it prints quickly and without all the noise.

Student
dreehln
Message 6 of 6 (864 Views)

My hp wireless 6000 doesn't print in black...what do I do?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation