Question

Student
jpik44
Message 1 of 8 (4,981 Views)

Officejet 6310 Print Cartridge Door Hinge

When changing a cartridge, the lefthand (when viewed from the front) door hinge broke.  Does anyone know where I can get a replacement part in the United Kingdom?

Top Student
roanokebill
Message 2 of 8 (4,730 Views)

Re: Officejet 6310 Print Cartridge Door Hinge

Seems to be a popular question for all printers with no answers.  I don't think my hinge is broken but can't get it to match up with the bottom section.  Any ideas?

Intern
hahayou
Message 3 of 8 (4,721 Views)

Sadly there is no replacement for a component like that, it is cheaper to replace the whole printer than just a part due to dhipping costs, also due to the model that you have it must be already out of warranty you can call hp and check if they can offer ypu a trade in by paying the diference.

Top Student
roanokebill
Message 4 of 8 (4,684 Views)

For others having this problem:  HP will try to get you to purchase another unit and will not give diddly squat for a trade in.  The solution is to take off the back cover of the hinge with an Allen wrench, take out the black plastic piece found directly behind the latch cover, and close.  Presto! unit works fine at a considerable savings.  I still think this is a design flaw, not a consumer one.

Student
iceman63
Message 5 of 8 (3,916 Views)

I took off the hinge cover and took the 2 screws in the black piece but I cannot get the black piece out

Help I need tp print and the latch is broken on the ink cartridge door

Top Student
roanokebill
Message 6 of 8 (3,914 Views)

My 6310 has only 1 small Philips screw to be taken out of the back of the hinge mechanism.  After removal, open the lid as far as it will go, then look inside for the small black piece.  A small pair of pliers should get the piece out.  Printer works fine without the piece - just don't let the cover fall back too far.

b-r Top Student
Top Student
b-r
Message 7 of 8 (3,764 Views)

Ignore the hinge and put a piece of removable tape to hold down the "door open" sensor on the front left corner. It's the black square tab that will rise just above the level of the rest of the prnter. To change cartridges, temporarily remove the tape so the printer knows it is open.

Student
RobertsMom
Message 8 of 8 (3,352 Views)

Worked! Put a piece of duct tape over the door sensor and viola it works as if nothing happened. thanks for your post. Saved us $$
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation