Question

Honor Student
sprngrpaws
Message 1 of 15 (9,040 Views)

Officejet 6500 E709a will not print black

My HP Officejet 6500 E709a printer stopped printing black. It worked fine last night and this morning will not print black. I tried changing the cartridge. I have cleaned the print heads, and I even took out the print head to clean. It will print all of the colors, just not black. Ideas??

Teacher
kevin_techno
Message 2 of 15 (9,030 Views)

Re: Officejet 6500 E709a will not print black

Mostly, printer cartridge error occurs when the printer head is unable to identify the cartridge properly. And the basic reason behind this is that the cartridge is improperly attached. To reattach the cartridge, turn on the lid of the printer and then remove the cartridge from the printer head. Check the cartridge to make sure that there are no scratches or other damaged parts that can contribute to a printer cartridge error report. Take note that the cartridge should not be left open for more than 30 minutes; otherwise the ink will start to dry up and the cartridge will get clogged.

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-40171-printer-not-printing-black

Honor Student
cdingeldine
Message 3 of 15 (8,983 Views)

I am having the same problem. I examined the cartridge, removed and replaced.  There is plenty of black ink.  Other colors work fine. 

Honor Student
cdingeldine
Message 4 of 15 (8,976 Views)

I found my solution on another site - placed below.  I am back in the saddle again!   

Reset your printer using instructions on this page:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&docname=c01302031&product=379...

Here is the text in case that page does not load for you:

Introduction This document provides basic instructions for performing a partial reset. A partial reset resets the following settings:

• All user menu settings are reset to the default values.
  • All telephony parameter values are reset to the default values.
  • Country and language user interface is reset to the default values.
  • Fax memory is cleared.
  • Performing a partial reset of the All-in-One Follow these steps to perform a partial reset of your product.

• Unplug the power cord from the product, and wait 20 seconds.
  • Press and hold # and 3 while plugging in the power cord to the product.
  • Release the buttons after the product starts up. The product will now be reset to factory defaults.
  • Student
    EdFisher
    Message 5 of 15 (6,503 Views)

Will copy in color, but with no black text. Have replaced black cartridge. Have done partial reset. No go.

Any other ideas?

Distinguished Professor
    Shirlzz1
    Message 6 of 15 (6,493 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am sorry to hear that you are having that issue with the printer. Here is a link to a document that will go over various troubleshooting steps to try and fix the problem you are having with the printer. If there are some steps listed that you have done,  go down the document to the ones that have not been tried yet and continue from there. Also, if you are still having the problem after completing that document, I would do a manual cleaning of the printhead to make sure build up on the outside of that part is not the issue. Step one in this document here will show how to do that manual cleaning.

I am a former employee of HP...
    How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
    Top Student
    SDeP58
    Message 7 of 15 (5,474 Views)

Hi Shirlzz1

I just cannot thank you enough for taking the time to post this and give me the very thankful solution to my issue.

Best Regards,
    SD
    Tutor
    MikeBravo07
    Message 8 of 15 (5,094 Views)

sprngrpaws wrote:

My HP Officejet 6500 E709a printer stopped printing black. It worked fine last night and this morning will not print black. I tried changing the cartridge. I have cleaned the print heads, and I even took out the print head to clean. It will print all of the colors, just not black. Ideas??

Same as above. Tried 3 adn # to reset without success. Cleaned the head...no dice. New cartridge...no dice. Rebooted the software twice....no dice. However, when I print a report sheet where only the color rectangles appear, the contours of the rectangles are .....black. Hum....What next.

Student
    nancysothen
    Message 9 of 15 (4,995 Views)

my text will not print black

Top Student
    SDeP58
    Message 10 of 15 (4,989 Views)

Forget New ink cartridges!

Take all the inks out of the ink holder, and then remove the ink holder.

Clean all the contacts, especially the Black one in the 3 important places that the ink travels, and then install everything back and then try printing a page in just Black.

You can do a quick search on HP's Support site to see the "correct" way to clean the ink holder/cartridge as I mentioned.

Best Regards,

SD

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation