Officejet 7210 All-In-One Cartridge Error Message (4818 Views)
Honor Student
DennisLL
Message 1 of 6 (4,818 Views)

Officejet 7210 All-In-One Cartridge Error Message

Error Message, "Remove and check color cartridge."  I replaced color cartridge with new HP 97 Color Cartridge and cleaned black cartridge.  I did remove the tape and also cleaned the new cartridge and black ink cartridge with distilled water and waited for them to dry before replacing.  Still get same error message and cannot do anything else but shut off printer.  I've pushed all buttons including SET UP but cannot get away from error message.  Any suggestions?
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 6 (4,809 Views)

Re: Officejet 7210 All-In-One Cartridge Error Message

I would suggest cleaning the cartrdige and printer contacts as shown here.  Also check the bias spring as shown here, if the spring has become dislodged and damaged the flex the unit will need to be serviced.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Honor Student
DennisLL
Message 3 of 6 (4,802 Views)

Thanks for the response.  I did all of these procedures prior to writing for help.  I just did them again to no avail.  Still have error message.  The bias spring is in good working order.  Any other thoughts?

Thanks again,

Dennis Lewis

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 6 (4,792 Views)

DennisLL wrote:

Thanks for the response.  I did all of these procedures prior to writing for help.  I just did them again to no avail.  Still have error message.  The bias spring is in good working order.  Any other thoughts?

If you have the old cartridge still on hand I would try that.  If the error goes away then the issue is with your new cartridge.  In that case I would check the cartridge warranty information as shown here (assuming it is an HP cartridge).  

Regards,
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Honor Student
DennisLL
Message 5 of 6 (4,786 Views)

I originally got the error message on the old color cartridge, (HP 97).  I replaced the old cartridge with a new HP 97 color cartridge and still goth the message.  Everything I try including so called HELP from HP doen not work to correct the problem.  I'm at a loss for such a seemingly simple proble.

Dennis

Honor Student
allrotor13b
Message 6 of 6 (4,474 Views)

i have the exact same problem with my 2610xi. Does your printer still work just fine, save for the annoying message? i've tried everything HP has suggested and no change. The printer still works just fine, after replacing the color cartridge i still get the message but the printer works, so oh well. i tried checking continuity between the static grounding terminals and everything is cool, so who knows what glitch in the hardware or software may be causing this. Good luck.
matt
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation