Question

Honor Student
todb2010
Message 1 of 4 (8,561 Views)

Officejet 7210 - How to perform a full or semi-full reset of printer

[ Edited ]

I have an Officejet 7210 that is displaying an error message on the printer display "Remove and check right cartridge."

I have tried removing the cartridge, cleaning, replacing, etc with no success. I have also tried disconnecting the power cord for 30 seconds and then plugging the power cord in again multiple times and still no luck. The cartridge is fairly new, but I have printed good quality documents as recently as today.

Although this seems to be a hardware issue, for information purposes I am running XP Pro SP3 and it is hardwired LAN.

Is anyone familiar with resolving this error message or is there a way to perform a full reset of the printer?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 4 (8,554 Views)

Re: Officejet 7210 - How to perform a full or semi-full reset of printer

Partial Reset: Unplug power cable when the printer is on. Then press and hold # and 3, and then plug the power cable back. Continue holding the button for 20 seconds.

Semi-Full reset: Repeat same procedure, but press and hold # and 6.

----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Honor Student
todb2010
Message 3 of 4 (8,549 Views)

Thanks so much for the reset instructions!

Unfortunately, neither the Partial or the Semi-Full reset have cleared the error from the printer display.

It still shows "Remove and check right cartridge" and has the blinking red exclamation point.

I'm going to buy another cartridge and see if that could be the problem unless you have any other ideas! : )

Thanks again for the quick response.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 4 (8,537 Views)

Check the picture here.  If the flex circuit has been damaged you will need service for the printer.

If the flex is not damaged then try cleaning the cartridge and printer electrical contacts as shown here.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation