Question

Honor Student
cr180
Message 1 of 2 (1,902 Views)

Officejet H470 carriage stalled

On screen message says "carriage stalled".  Green 'power on' light is flashing, as is the orange/red error light.  Both ink cartridge lights are on.  When I open the cover the ink cartridges usually move to the center, but not this time.  Turned it off and unplugged, then back on several times - nothing.  I manually slid the cartridges to the center and then to the other side and back - they did not appear to be stuck- then tried it all again.  They still wouldn't move on their own.  Getting the flashlight out and slowly moving cartridges to center again I noticed what appears to be something looking like a twist tie laying under where the cartridges slide (on the right side).  Upon closer examination I can see one just like it on the left side under what appears to be a gear.  How did the one on the right side come undone and where do I put it to make this thing work right, or is this not the problem.   There is a small door on the bottom of the printer on the right side, but when I open it I can see the gear but no clue where this 'twist tie' goes.  HELP!!!

Thanks

Intern
BreadPigZ2
Message 2 of 2 (1,756 Views)

Re: Officejet H470 carriage stalled

Hi cr180,

1) For the LED blinking, perhaps this link can answer your query on what is it and how to resolve.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01182351&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&ju...

2) For the twist tie you mentioned, on the left side is it brown color, whilst the one on the right is black color (but to the extreme right)?

3) For the bottom cover on the right which you open, it is actually for your to replace the ink service module.

(Look out for this "Issue: The Resume light is on or blinks, the Right Cartridge light blinks, and the Power light is on" on the below mentioned link)

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01182351&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&ju...

Although I am an HP employee, I speak for myself.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation