Question

Student
bluehillside
Message 1 of 7 (3,210 Views)

Officejet Pro 8500 paper jam message

Hi - can anyone help please.

I have an Officejet Pro 8500 A909g, bought Oct 2009. I cancelled a print job yesterday, and have been getting the "Clear Paper Jam" message ever since. I've followed all the steps in the HP guide - there is no paper jam. From other sites, looks like a common problem with this machine.

Any thoughts re how to fix please?

Thank you. 

Honor Student
helpmenow7
Message 2 of 7 (3,197 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8500 paper jam message

i think if you press x on it goes alway.

Student
NickyJUSA
Message 3 of 7 (3,047 Views)

Did you ever figure this out, as I am getting the same message and the "x" does not make it go away.

Thanks

Tutor
maximus888
Message 4 of 7 (2,923 Views)

[ Edited ]

You may want to try out the following link

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01618077&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc...

If after following the steps provided and the error still exist, you may want to contact the call center for a replacement.

Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Student
yakima
Message 5 of 7 (2,745 Views)

I have the same problem that so many others have with this printer, and it also started right after I cancelled a print job.  HP does not seem willing to talk to anyone who has an expired warranty.  My printer has very little use, this seems to be a defect.  I have tried lubricating the little black gear and fiddling with it, as others have suggested, to no avail.  What a shame, its a nice enough printer except it no longer works and I've spent almost all day messing with it....  No more HPs!

Student
ed58
Message 6 of 7 (1,891 Views)

Cancelled a print. Now shows "paper jam". went through troubleshooting. No help. Printed only 600 pages for a $400 printer.(just started 2nd ream of paper). Out of warranty.

Student
BUCKETMOUTH69
Message 7 of 7 (1,777 Views)

I have the same problem with the paper jam message. I did everything that HP said to do on there web site but nothing worked and they do not want to work with you because you are a few months out of warranty. I am disable and have only a small income and I print stuff as a volunteer for my church, but cant now because of hp not wanting to help. I see that others have the same problem as I do. I have always told people to buy Hp as I have always thought it was the best. But unless I can get help I will no longer refer people to them.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation