01-06-2011 05:12 PM
I've got a new but out of warranty Officejet Pro 8500. (I bought it then had to move and had no space to put in service.) Now I've got it put together but it will not allign and will not print any black. Which should I replace first to try to fix, the printhead or the black ink cartridge that came with the unit?
04-12-2011 09:43 PM
Did anyone find a solution to this problem? I've had my HP Officejet Pro 8500 for over a year and now it won't print black. I have read other forums and found that if other colors are out that it won't print black ink even if you have a full cartridge. I'm trying this now, but if this isn't the problem, need a solution.
01-05-2012 09:14 AM
Did you get any response to you query. My officejet pro, also just over a year, will not print the black ink. I have tried cleaning the print head - it juts gets worse, I have tried changing the print heads - but no difference. I have changed all the cartridges and then it goes mad and says they all need replacing. Now after switching off for a while it prints some black but has lines going through it. Surely the shelf life of these printers must be longer than a year! Any ideas?
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper