Officejet Pro 8500 won't print black (1315 Views)
Student
wrecktech
Message 1 of 4 (1,315 Views)

Officejet Pro 8500 won't print black

I've got a new but out of warranty Officejet Pro 8500. (I bought it then had to move and had no space to put in service.) Now I've got it put together but it will not allign and will not print any black. Which should I replace first to try to fix, the printhead or the black ink cartridge that came with the unit?

Student
kflenner
Message 2 of 4 (1,220 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8500 won't print black

I can not get the black ink to print.  We only get a line here or there or no lines at all.  The colors work well. How do I get the black to print?  

Student
LRobinson
Message 3 of 4 (1,078 Views)

Did anyone find a solution to this problem?  I've had my HP Officejet Pro 8500 for over a year and now it won't print black.  I have read other forums and found that if other colors are out that it won't print black ink even if you have a full cartridge.  I'm trying this now, but if this isn't the problem, need a solution. 

Honor Student
julies74
Message 4 of 4 (763 Views)

Did you get any response to you query. My officejet pro, also just over a year, will not print the black ink. I have tried cleaning the print head - it juts gets worse, I have tried changing the print heads - but no difference. I have changed all the cartridges and then it goes mad and says they all need replacing. Now after switching off for a while it prints some black but has lines going through it. Surely the shelf life of these printers must be longer than a year! Any ideas?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation