Question

Top Student
BobR2012
Message 1 of 3 (461 Views)

Officejet Pro 8600 Plus output tray miss-installed

The output tray on my new Officejet Pro 8600 Plus is partially miss-installed.  There is a clip on each side of the underside of the output tray which is supposed to engage tips on each side of the frame for the paper tray.  Apparently, when the output tray on my unit was installed at the factory, the clip on the left side ended up above the tip which it is supposed to engage.  This leaves the output tray slightly tipped to the right and results in output pages not stacking as neatly as they should.  This could be easily corrected if someone would tell me how to disengage the output tray from the body of the printer.  It's been working fine, I don't really want to have to take it back for an exchange just to correct what could be easily fixed by removing the tray and pushing it back on carefully while engaging both clips.

Student
goliad
Message 2 of 3 (377 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8600 Plus output tray miss-installed

Does anyone have the answer to this question, how to disengage the output tray?

Distinguished Professor
RedRose0528
Message 3 of 3 (349 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8600 Plus output tray miss-installed

Hello Goliad,

To get the best answer and assistance to your question please post it on the printer forum.  This forum is a dedicated for desktops and the printer have experts available who will be more than happy to help you.

Hope everything works out for you

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation